Author Topic: Shropshire parish registers now online at Find My Past  (Read 5464 times)

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire parish registers now online at Find My Past
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 April 14 15:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you for posting the link.

I managed to view one original page and after that just that little white circle rotating  :( on and on .....

Lisa

Offline katherine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 April 14 16:29 BST (UK) »
That happened to me frequently yesterday.  I tried using the "download" button at the bottom right side and was able to view the image.  The normal download popup message asking to click on "open" or "save" appeared and then I could access the image.

Hope it works for you.

Offline lisalisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 April 14 17:51 BST (UK) »
That happened to me frequently yesterday.  I tried using the "download" button at the bottom right side and was able to view the image.  The normal download popup message asking to click on "open" or "save" appeared and then I could access the image.

Hope it works for you.

Thanks for the tip Katherine,
I'll give that a try  :)

Lisa

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 April 14 10:13 BST (UK) »
Good to see the Shropshire records and Ive managed to go back a couple of generations seeing the real entry BUT I noticed with a few of mine that the actual date given on the list of names on initial search is different from the transcript so advise people to check both transcript and the visual record.One of mine was out by about 20 years.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Atcherley.org.uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • I used to think genealogy was the study of genies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 May 14 18:10 BST (UK) »
Shropshire genealogist Martin James noticed an interesting development today - it looks like some Bishop's Transcripts are on their way to join the existing Shropshire record sets, for periods starting 1630 and ending 1685 (baptisms) or 1692 (marriages and burials). You can see the record sets listed here, but note that at the time of posting this message, there are no records yet uploaded for the BT record sets:

http://search.findmypast.co.uk/historical-records?SearchedRecordsetName=shropshire&Region=World

Steve
Atcherley: all locations. Jones and Price: Shrops. Thacker, Gilbert, Hall, Bratton, Myatt, Hawkins, Richards, Tomkinson/Tonkinson, Roden - all Staffs (Church Eaton / Eccleshall / Ellenhall / Gnosall / High Offley / Seighford areas). Jackson: Abbots Bromley & Aston/Birmingham. Talbot: Abbots Bromley, Staffs. Arnott: Oxfordshire.  Lawrence: Birmingham. Bason: Warks. Arlidge/Aldridge: Northants/Oxon. Thornborough: Warks.