Author Topic: Jessie Veronica Lewis  (Read 794 times)

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jessie Veronica Lewis
« on: Sunday 22 June 14 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to find the birth of Jessie Veronica Lewis but I am having difficulties.  Her parents were Charles Lewis born in England and Cecilia O'Connor born in Ireland.  She had an older sister, Cecilia who was born 20 November 1900 in the Camlachie area of Glasgow (she was Illegitimate).

Jessie gave birth to a son, Charles Alexander McIntee on the 1st of March 1925 in Calton, Glasgow.  The father was Alexander McIntee.
At this time, Jessie was living at Stevenson Street in Glasgow and Alexander was living at 9 New Street.  It seems that they had never married and Jessie went on to marry a Michael Welch McDonald on the 22 February 1937 in the Camlachie area.

I tried on Scotland's People using the name Jessie Veronica and Janet as I tried to find her on the 1911 census but no joy.

At the time of her son's birth and her marriage twelve years later, she was a Bonded Store Worker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Please note that the people listed in my message are deceased.
Heather  :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jessie Veronica Lewis
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 20:51 BST (UK) »
Did you find Cecilia on 1911 census?

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 21:07 BST (UK) »

...and Jessie went on to marry a Michael Welch McDonald on the 22 February 1937 in the Camlachie area.

What was Jessie's age when she married Michael? Have you confirmed this age with a death cert?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 22:11 BST (UK) »
There seem to be two Lewis births in Camlachie about that time.
- Cecilia in 1901
- Jessie Cecilia in 1903
Is there any possibility that Jessie Cecilia could be your Jessie Veronica? I have just looked at the index, not the actual detailed records.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn