Author Topic: looking for a robert clark /clarke b 1866  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for a robert clark /clarke b 1866
« on: Saturday 15 March 14 00:04 GMT (UK) »
He is my g grandfather and he was born in 1866 , married in Glasgow 1889 to Bridget Roche ,herself a daughter of Irish parents from Galway .and died in 1906.His father is named Alexander  and mother Eliza Welsh/Walsh. no other clues to his past , only on census of 1891 his name is Clarke and birth country Ireland. any clues where i should start?
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a robert clark /clarke b 1866
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 March 14 03:43 GMT (UK) »

Worth no more than just noting for the moment until you can rule in or out, this couple married in Magherafelt Church of Ireland:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGCR-4Z1

Offline Rayjamgor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 March 14 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Wow , names match  and could be them  :). how can i widen my search elsewhere if thats just a coincidence as  basically i dont have much to go on .Weird it says Magherafelt as was discussing this the day with mother in law and her granda Edward Clearys from there too. thanks.
Gordon, Taylor , Little, Clark, McInnes/McGinnes ,Roch,Roche, Millar/Miller, Welsh,Walsh, Stewart, Kennedy, McDonald, Brown, McLachlan , Orr, McMillan, McDonagh, Middleton, Robertson, Livingstone, Duff, Hunter, McClean, Campbell, Brown ,Cummings ,Roy, Wade ,Smith , Kelly,Kennedy,McDonald.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 March 14 23:11 GMT (UK) »
He is my g grandfather and he was born in 1866 , married in Glasgow 1889 to Bridget Roche ,herself a daughter of Irish parents from Galway .and died in 1906.His father is named Alexander  and mother Eliza Welsh/Walsh. no other clues to his past , only on census of 1891 his name is Clarke and birth country Ireland. any clues where i should start?
www.nationalarchives.ie look at griffiths valuation there is alexander clarke listed in maghera
this would have been in mid 1800's :)