Author Topic: Beresfords Lanarkshire Scotland  (Read 16207 times)

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beresfords Lanarkshire Scotland
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 13 August 11 23:19 BST (UK) »
hi you !!

How are you?

Do you want to PM me with those details?
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline candycups

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 28 November 11 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Soapy1

Trying to get Birth Date for William Beresford.  He married Jean Clarke. They had 2 sons David & Tom,and adopted (or fostered) a child called Mary.
William (Bill), Jean & Mary migrated to Perth W.A. about 1945.
Would like their marriage date.  Think they were living in Forrestfield (Or nearby) before migrating.
Cheers Ruth

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 28 November 11 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Candycups,
I'm sorry i don't have that info. My Beresfords stayed in Glenmavis. Forrestfield is up near Caldercruix.
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline candycups

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 29 November 11 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Soapy1
Thanks for your reply. It is appreciated
Regards Ruth

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 11 December 11 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth,

I've been reliably informed that I'm related to the Beresfords you mention in Forrestfield!! :D
William Beresford was born in Blackridge in 1898 (I don’t have his exact birth date unfortunately). He was the son of Thomas Beresford & Mary Hamilton and grandson of John Beresford (Berrisfield) & Helen Jane Gemmell (Gamble). He married Jeanie Clarke on 2 Nov 1923 in Caldercruix. They had a son (*) (born 8 April 1924 in Forrestfield) and second son (*) (born 6 July 1926 in Blackridge). I didn’t know about the adopted (or fostered) child called Mary or that they had later emigrated to Australia.
This William Beresford was my 1st cousin, twice removed. His father, Thomas Beresford was my mum's great grandfather's brother
 :)

Added: Details of potentially living people removed as is RootsChat policy.

Offline candycups

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 11 December 11 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Soapy1
Thanks so much for taking the trouble to find information on Bill (William) Beresford.
In the Monklands Cemetry they have the death of a baby William Beresford. I think this would have been Jean & Bill's first child.  Then had David and (*) who both migrated to Perth W.Aust, after Bill & Jean had come with Mary. Mary always called them Mum and Dad, but still not sure whether she was adopted or Fostered. Think she lived with them from a baby, and they had to get permission for her to migrate.  David was killed driving a timber jinker loaded with jarrah (wood). His widow returned to Scotland and remarried.  (*), Both married but have lost touch with them.  I live in Victoria.
Bill Beresford was my Uncle through marriage.  Kindest Regards Ruth
Kindest regards Ruth

Added: Details of potentially living people removed as is RootsChat policy in order to protect their privacy.

Offline wilber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 25 June 12 13:04 BST (UK) »
My name is William (Willie) Beresford born in Collie West Australia in 1950.  My father was David Clarke Beresford who died in a road accident in 1952 and is buried in Collie WA cemetry. My grandfather William Beresford is buried there too, along with my Grandmother Jeanie Beresford. I was the young boy who returned to Scotland with my mother from Australia after the funeral and my sister Betty was born in Scotland a few months after our return. Betty emigrated to Australia and I made my way back after serving in the Royal Navy.

My wife and our 4 kids, David, Richard, James and our girl, Wallis (*), all live the dream in Oz. The family tree is being researched and I am very keen to trace the Beresford side as my dad didn't say much before passing away tragically.

I read the messages about the search and the name of my grandfather William. I was lucky enough  to have spent some of my youth in Armadale/Plains/Caldercruix area and have always been fascinated by Hillend Reservoir...funnily enough! I was also lucky enought to spend some years with my uncle Tom Beresford, before he passed away. Any help or information regarding my rellies in Scotland and Oz will be gratefully received!

Added: Details of living people removed as is RootsChat policy in order to protect their privacy.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 25 June 12 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Wilber

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Once you have posted 2/3 times here on the main board, you can use the Private Message service (PMs). A good way to exchange personal info, including personal emails between people.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 24 September 12 19:35 BST (UK) »
My name is William (Willie) Beresford born in Collie West Australia in 1950.  My father was David Clarke Beresford who died in a road accident in 1952 and is buried in Collie WA cemetry. My grandfather William Beresford is buried there too, along with my Grandmother Jeanie Beresford. I was the young boy who returned to Scotland with my mother from Australia after the funeral and my sister Betty was born in Scotland a few months after our return. Betty emigrated to Australia and I made my way back after serving in the Royal Navy.

My wife and our 4 kids, David, Richard, James and our girl, Wallis (*), all live the dream in Oz. The family tree is being researched and I am very keen to trace the Beresford side as my dad didn't say much before passing away tragically.

I read the messages about the search and the name of my grandfather William. I was lucky enough  to have spent some of my youth in Armadale/Plains/Caldercruix area and have always been fascinated by Hillend Reservoir...funnily enough! I was also lucky enought to spend some years with my uncle Tom Beresford, before he passed away. Any help or information regarding my rellies in Scotland and Oz will be gratefully received!

Hi Willie,
Apologies for not geting back to you. I've en a wee bit busy, but well the dark nights are back !!
You mention Caldercruix. I do have relatives who live there. My aunt (my mum's sister) married  aCaldercruix man. She died 1977. Her name was Isabel Gilmour ( own name was Burnett)
I'm trying to trace back further than the brothers who came over from Dromore in Co Down, but not had much success.
Do you have ay info?
Added: Details of living people removed as is RootsChat policy in order to protect their privacy.