Author Topic: John Anderson(Completed)  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Anderson(Completed)
« on: Sunday 01 April 12 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hello

I'm looking for the death or whereabouts of John Anderson, born in St. Ninians, Stirlingshire in 1836 approximately (he was 25 in the 1861 census).  He was the first husband of my great great great grandmother Catherine Greig.  I found them together in the 1861 census, Tillicoultry living with their three daughters and mother in law Ann Moncrieff.  Moving on to the 1871 census, Catherine was listed as the head along with one more Anderson child, William, who was six  and then she had two others with two other men.  Under the box 'condition', it was left blank, no indication whether or not she was a widow.  If anyone can help, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you

BordersLass :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: John Anderson
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 April 12 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

SP has the death of a John Anderson 1864 Tillicoultry Clackmannan
but I can't get a birth year  ???

Wonder if his age is unrecorded ?

There are no John Anderson deaths in Clackmannan born 1836 +/- 10 years 1861 - 1871

ev

Added - Catherine remarried 1868 , also son John Greig/Templeton born 1866(from other post)
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Anderson
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 April 12 12:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much ev!  Once again, I believe it's a case of not adding too much information once again. I was able to find him without typing in an approximate birth year as you said.

Have a good day!

BordersLass :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire