Author Topic: Paterson family of Glasgow  (Read 946 times)

Offline elainemar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Paterson family of Glasgow
« on: Thursday 30 October 14 14:56 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping someone can help. I am trying to find information on any possible children from my grandparents marriage. My grandparents were John Paterson, born 1893, who married my grandmother, Elizabeth Boyle in Calton in 1925. My grandfather, John, had siblings, Roderick, Sarah, Flora and Mary. Johns parents were Alan Paterson and Margaret Mackay, the family were originally from Coll, Argylleshire, but then moved to Govan, where all the children were born.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Paterson family of Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 October 14 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat you would need to search on www.scotlandspeople.gov for family and unfortunately the statutory births are only available for viewing up to 1913 ...Your best option would be to visit the register house or a Scotlands People Centre there is one at the Mitchell library .It costs  £15.00 for the whole day where you can view all the entries

Offline elainemar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 October 14 16:09 GMT (UK) »
thankyou, but I live in Wales, and at present, am unable to travel to Scotland. I am registered with Scotlands people, but no luck so far.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 October 14 18:04 GMT (UK) »
That's a bit far away for a visit then  ::) the problem also is if they moved from Glasgow be hard to track down family  :)