Author Topic: Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy  (Read 17804 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy
« on: Thursday 11 August 05 21:34 BST (UK) »
I realise that my previous posting- subject  'Carrowmore-Lacken/ Kilcummin' could be misleading - unless of course you know the area. I am really after any information about the name Golden/ Goldrick of Rathlacken please. I do have Duffy interests too in the same general area.
Thanks
Heywood :-[
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Goldens of Rathlacken and Duffy
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 September 06 01:36 BST (UK) »
I realise that my previous posting- subject  'Carrowmore-Lacken/ Kilcummin' could be misleading - unless of course you know the area. I am really after any information about the name Golden/ Goldrick of Rathlacken please. I do have Duffy interests too in the same general area.
Thanks
Heywood :-[

Hiya Heywood,

Misleading? I did a "search rootschat" and could not find your previous post. It's OK.
I went back to the drawing board. Anyone who may be able to assist click here for the link.

Chris

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 21:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Christopher - sorry I haven't checked before- I've been out of touch with Rootschat for a while!
My heart leaped when I saw the new posting but no joy!
I recently spent a lovely holiday in New York and was able to spend 3 days with a fellow 'Golden' in New York state- we 'met' through the internet. 'Our' Goldens seemed to find their way to USA rather England.
best wishes
heywood

Offline Francis Duffy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 04:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I just found your post expressing interest in Duffys from the Rathlacken--Kilcummin area of County Mayo.

My Duffys are from Carrowtrasna, a subdivision of Kilcummin.

Three Duffy brothers farmed in Carrowtrasna--Michael, Anthony, and John. Michael was my great, great grandfather. He had at least one son, Anthony Duffy, my great grandfather.

My great grandfather, Anthony, married Bridget Killeen from Ballinlena--another subdivision of Kilcummin.

Does any of this help you?

Francis Duffy

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 June 08 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Francis,
we have been in contact before - I will send you a personal message. Welcome to rootschat too!

heywood

Offline Chris in states

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 18:03 BST (UK) »
I am not sure if this strand is still active, but I thought I would try.  My Great-Grandfather was James Golden of Rathlacken.  I recently visited Rathlacken from the States and found out that there were at least two Golden lines in Rathlacken and I have further information on at least one of them that I'm trying to piece together.  If this discussion is still active, I'm happy to share what I know and see if we have any relations.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris,
yes it is active in that I'm still a member and welcome to rootschat.
We have a James Golden in our research - son of Andrew Golden and Ann Armstrong.
 I say 'we' because I have been in contact previously through researching several of the Goldens and may well have 'spoken' to members of your family.  :D
My little picture is from Rathlacken - you may recognise it.
best wishes
heywood

PS I was going to send you a personal message but you wouldn't be able to reply - think you have to make a few posts before you can use the system.

Offline Chris in states

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 18:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the quick response, Heywood.  I noticed that you ended up meeting with some Goldens in New York during your visit.  You may have met  my cousin Marigold in Queens. 

My wife and I spent two weeks in Ireland last year and I'm still trying to sift through the information I gathered about our family.  I visited both the new and old cemetaries in town and took pictures of all of the Golden headstones to try and help me.

I also stopped into the pub and the bartender pointed me to a Golden family in town and I had the chance to meet with several of them during my visit .  A wonderful experience.  I look forward to finding out more about my (our?) family.  As I do I'll let you know in case it helps you.

Offline blast54321

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 25 December 09 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chris,
yes it is active in that I'm still a member and welcome to rootschat.
We have a James Golden in our research - son of Andrew Golden and Ann Armstrong.
 I say 'we' because I have been in contact previously through researching several of the Goldens and may well have 'spoken' to members of your family.  :D
My little picture is from Rathlacken - you may recognise it.
best wishes
heywood

PS I was going to send you a personal message but you wouldn't be able to reply - think you have to make a few posts before you can use the system.

Hi I have just stumbled accross your messages regarding the goldens of Rathlacken.  My mum was a Golden from Rathlacken, so if you would like any further information then please get in touch