Author Topic: Baptisms and a Marriage  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Carolec55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baptisms and a Marriage
« on: Saturday 11 October 14 14:38 BST (UK) »
I have a baptism for a Jane Holt baptised in Dundalk Co Louth on 29/11/1826, parents John Holt and Mary Murphy. I believe this Jane to be in my family. However, her parents were Joseph Holt and Mary Murphy. The family came to Liverpool in 1827 where they had more children.

I know they also had another daughter born in Ireland, possibly Louth. Her name was Letitia Holt and she was born around 1825. Is there anyone who has access to the records there and would be willing to do a look up for Letitia Holt's baptism with father either John or joseph?

I have no idea when Joseph Holt and Mary Murphy married or when, but it could possibly have been also Co Louth. The time would have been between 1816 and 1826. The children born in Liverpool were baptised both RC and Church Of England, so I don't really know their religion. It would be wonderful if someone could help.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms and a Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 October 14 14:42 BST (UK) »
Have you searched the LDS Irish records for them?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Carolec55

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptisms and a Marriage
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 October 14 22:17 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have searched LDS online; there are no LDS libraries near me. I have been researching this particular family online for over ten years. There are very few Joseph Holts about in the early 1800's. I've never found any records of Letitia Holt born about 1825 Ireland. This family were in Liverpool in 1841 and in the 1851 census. Unfortunately, they only gave their place of birth as Ireland.