Author Topic: Seeking descendants of Emily Ballinger/Ballenger b.1866 of Kidderminster  (Read 22986 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking descendants of Emily Ballinger/Ballenger b.1866 of Kidderminster
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 19 October 14 18:00 BST (UK) »
I have read through this Home Child thread with interest, wow...Shelly you have certainly had a lot of help between the initial posts on another site, then from all the fabulous searchers here on rootschat.
( The posts were the initial info was found http://www.british-genealogy.com/archive/index.php/t-78898.html?s=6540b38e17aee6d132f3c9fde3e8b949 )

Certainly can't begrudge you all the help as you have quite a search here, and you are doing it for hubby and the ancestral wee ones!  :D  Lucky fellow that you have an interest in his bkgd.

However you hadn't been back with the results of the info above...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline sballinger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Monday 20 October 14 00:21 BST (UK) »
Hello JJ,
No I still am keep trying to find my hubby's Grandfather's middle brother Benjamin. He is a tough one to find and I suspect that the 1921 Census will bring results. I have been truly honoured with all the hard work that all of my friends have done for me. They are the best. When a person starts with a birth certificate that has only a mother's name to finding out that she had not 5 children but a total of seven.
The biggest surprise of all was finding out that Grandpa Tom and his brother James being sent to Canada as labourers and servants now known as British Home Children. I can't even begin to imagine what these children went through and the hardships they have known.
Anyways, am glad you are very interested in our family but like I say the family tree is not complete until Benjamin is found.
I will never be at peace until then so am always in touch with my email.
Thanks Shelley

Offline confusion

• RootsChat Senior
  • I was born poor - and still have all of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Friday 19 December 14 14:50 GMT (UK) »
I have been reading this interesting/unfortunate thread and noticed how the
first names, middle names of Ballinger/Bellinger Cook/Cooke are intertwined
and, how it has caused so much trouble to try and unravel.

Have you got the birth certificate of Benjamin (the missing brother)?
Who does it reveal as the parents and/or the address of the birth?

Have you got any further down the road with this case.

Jim

Willey, Berry, Cox, Davis, Haddock, Hutton, Griffiths/Griffin, Tanner - Worcestershire
Cox, Dudley, Harris, Moore, Neville, Payne - Warwickshire
Chambers, Douds, Dryden, Given, Hamilton, Hassan, McPherson, McWhirter, Simpson, Taggart, Vauls, Whiteside - Ireland/Scotland, Northumberland
Challis, Halls, Heady, Grove, Lawrence - Essex
Foxwell, Imm, Ward - Gloucesteshire
Heady, Collis, Griffin - Hertfordshire
Hurling - Middlesex
Willey, Imm - Monmouthshire
Imm, Hamilton, Hedge, Majury, Sollis - US

Offline sballinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Saturday 20 December 14 05:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim ( Confusion),

I know, I know the whole family is confusing. Emily Bellinger/Ballinger was the mother of our Benji (Henry Benjamin) b. 17 Jan 1888. I believe the address on the BC is that of 861 Mill Street Kidderminster. The BC isn't the greatest copy from the UK.

The only reason for the two different spellings of Ballinger is because of baptism pictures that a lady took pictures of in the Parish say Emily Bellinger and yet in the Census she is a Ballinger whose parents were (Benjamin and Ann Ballinger) who in the end did marry Benjamin Henry Cooke (Cook) another spelling in some of the Census. Now Emily's children we believe that are Benjamin Cooke's are : William Henry, James David Cook, Nellie Bellinger, Edith Cooke and Albert Cooke. John Thomas and Henry Benjamin maybe be different fathers but I think that Henry Benjamin is that of Benjamin Henry Cooke's because of his name. So the only one we cannot be sure of the father is our Grandfather, John Thomas. All these children were born either on Mill Street or Love Lane in Kidderminster. There was only four of the children had both Emily and Benjamin named as parents. The others just the mother's name.

I haven't done much more as it seems I have not found another other than what I have so, will have to wait until the 1921 UK Census comes out.
Thanks for the interest. It always helps to have other people read through the posts because you never know what can pop up.

Shelley

Offline confusion

• RootsChat Senior
  • I was born poor - and still have all of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Saturday 20 December 14 23:32 GMT (UK) »

sballinger: I've sent you a pm
Willey, Berry, Cox, Davis, Haddock, Hutton, Griffiths/Griffin, Tanner - Worcestershire
Cox, Dudley, Harris, Moore, Neville, Payne - Warwickshire
Chambers, Douds, Dryden, Given, Hamilton, Hassan, McPherson, McWhirter, Simpson, Taggart, Vauls, Whiteside - Ireland/Scotland, Northumberland
Challis, Halls, Heady, Grove, Lawrence - Essex
Foxwell, Imm, Ward - Gloucesteshire
Heady, Collis, Griffin - Hertfordshire
Hurling - Middlesex
Willey, Imm - Monmouthshire
Imm, Hamilton, Hedge, Majury, Sollis - US

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Saturday 20 December 14 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shelley

Did you get the other sides of the letter

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline sballinger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Sunday 21 December 14 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello MargP,
Good to hear from you again!! No I never did recieve the other sides of the letter but after Christmas I will see if I can get Debbie to scan the backs of them. Hopefully, as I had peaked Debbie interest and she was on ancestry for awhile but just recieved her Christmas card saying that she had put the ancestry on the back burner.I don't even know if she remembers the letter so will send the copies that you and I saw.
Well, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year. I will get back to if any new information comes forward :)