Author Topic: Donald Campbell  (Read 26470 times)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Campbell
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 20:03 BST (UK) »
The Omay Campbells are in argyll, whilst the others are in Harris and Orkney
you can take a look on Ancestry.co.uk if you think it may help.  I will pm you with my info.

marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 21:47 BST (UK) »
North Carolina was once part of a huge tract of land simply called the Carolinas.  It is on the eastern seabord and extends westward into the mountains.  North Carolina is about halfway up from Florida towards New York and New England.  There was an enormous influx of Scots Highlanders into that part of the country...one Campbell led a shipload but this Hugh arrived just before the large immigration.  There is a town called Campbelltown in NC...for obvious reasons.  I know nothing about the Scots end of things...and will be trying to absolutely prove as much as possible where the father of John Campbell, Donald, has his roots.

Thank you for all you have supplied....

sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.

Offline scottishmist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 29 January 11 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
I have just came across this post ,I have a Angus Campbell born about 1786 Argyleshire Scotland
married a Ann McDonald 1805 Kilninian, Argyll, Scotland born about 1785 Kilninian, had 9 children all born Kilninian, just one born at Kilmore,
Maybe their is a link to my Campbell's I have only got back to Angus

Cheers Jan
Paisley:Cowan,McFarlane,
Neilston:Thorpe,Young,Edgar,McGraw,McDonald
Strath:Grant,McClean,Chrisholm
Houston:Whyte
Ayrshire:McIlwraith,McCulloch
Kirkcubright:Halliday,Blackloch

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 29 January 11 17:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scottishmisty,
Have you tried looking at the Kintyre magazine, full of history and also names of people who lived in the area.  Names of  burial grounds etc. which may be useful.
marcie
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline scottishmist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 29 January 11 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi marcie dean
Nope I have not read the Kintrye magazine, could I order that online
thanks
Jan

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 29 January 11 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scottishmisty,
No need to order it, you can google it.  When it comes up you punch in the letter of the name  you are interested in , "C"for Campbell and a list of names will come up amongst which should be campbell and away you go.
If you find it useful and want to subscribe then you can.
marcie dean
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline scottishmist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 29 January 11 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks marcie dean
I will go and have a look ,sounds good I hope I find some info
Cheers Jan

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 29 January 11 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,
You need to go to the Home Page, there is  a box which you can use for your searches.  They have historical events linked to the names which appear in the area of Argyll and they also list all the cemetaries in the area and surrounding areas, and if that is not enough, each cemetery has a list of burials within their grounds. (Not a complete list because some of the stones are illegible)

If you cannot find what you are looking for, then someone can help you.
I would but I have run out of credits on sp and will not be able to obtain more for the next two weeks.  Sorry.  Or you could try FBMD or IGI.
Or I could try Ancestry.co.uk scotland
marjorie
 searl rogers sutherland

Offline scottishmist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 29 January 11 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi marcie dean
I have Duncan Campbell death cert but it's it father cert I can't find but hoping i will find some info about Angus i know he was married at Kilninian,Argyll but not sure where he was born

Thanks Jan