Author Topic: Skilling Windlesham, 3 burials on the same day  (Read 1987 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Skilling Windlesham, 3 burials on the same day
« on: Sunday 12 October 14 18:04 BST (UK) »
I am interested in the Skilling family of Bagshot and Windlesham.  I have discovered that Hannah Skilling, wife of Thomas Skilling the elder, her daughter in law Sarah, wife of Thomas Skilling the younger and her granddaughter, Mary Skilling aged 2 were all buried on the same day 3rd August 1766.  I am wondering whether there might be any mention of this in local papers but the Surrey papers do not appear to be online.  Is there anyone who could check for me?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Skilling Windlesham, 3 burials on the same day
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 October 14 19:44 BST (UK) »
I would be inclined to contact the Surrey History Centre to see if they can 'recommend' a publication from their holdings for this date or do a lookup for you as you have the  dates

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/recreation-heritage-and-culture/archives-and-history/archives-and-history-research-guides/surrey-newspapers-back-issues

Thinking as to what might be the cause, it could have been something that today would have been easily treated with antibiotics, or smallpox which has now been eradicated.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea