Author Topic: Wyatt of Glossop pre 1800  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Wyatt of Glossop pre 1800
« on: Thursday 08 May 14 09:59 BST (UK) »
I am hoping to find information regarding my Wyatt family pre 1800.
James Wyatt bC1767 ( I presume Derbyshire ) married 19 Nov 1789 All Saints Glossop, Hannah Wood.
The record has the spelling Whyatt.
They had a family of at least 8 children.Initially James must have been living at Glossop Cross.
The family was resident at Blackshaw Farm,Glossop Dale, during the 1800s and were found on successive Census.I believe various family members were gamekeepers for Bernard Howard,Duke of Norfolk.
Both James and Hannah died before the 1841 Census.I have details.
My Wyatt great grandparents came to Australia.
I would like to find previous generations including where they might have lived.

Can anyone please help me advance my research?
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Wyatt of Glossop pre 1800
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 May 14 14:24 BST (UK) »
Witnesses to the 19 Nov 1789 Marriage of James WYATT and Hannah Wood were, James Wyatt and Henry Bray.
(Source FreeREG)

James Wyatt/Henry Bray seem to be Witnesses to several Marriages at the Church around this time.

F/S has 2 illeg James Wyatts born c 1767;
James WYATT, 11 Dec 1767, Chesterfield to MARY Wyatt
James WIOT, 1 Oct 1766, Hayfield to HANAH Wiot

Trish  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wyatt of Glossop pre 1800
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 May 14 22:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you Trish.
I think I may have considered James b1767 s/o Mary ( assume illegitimate ) but  anxious to gather further evidence. He died 1840 Glossop aged 73 registered Hayfield.
Can I assume Chesterfield part of Derbyshire and only about 40 KM from Glossop.

Any suggestions please as to how I might validate that this is him?
Any possible siblings or details of Mary ?

Your input greatly appreciated.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.