Author Topic: Birth of Willy Wyatt  (Read 6972 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Willy Wyatt
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 June 14 01:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for trying.
I have checked with both High Peak and DFHS.
They cannot locate a birth record for Willy Wyatt.
I can confirm that the suggestion of Groom was another Wyatt family.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 June 14 10:55 BST (UK) »
It's very odd isn't it? Given they were so exact about his age at death that means he must have been born May/June 1888, yet there are no births registered then in that name. There is a William Martin Wyatt born June quarter 1888 Burton, but that is over 50 miles from where your Willy Wyatt was expected to have been born. I think he is the William M Wyatt with parents William and Eleanor in 1901, so not yours either.

It looks very much as if Willy wasn't registered. The only other hope might be to try and find the parish records for Glossop where he was buried and see if he was also baptised there.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 June 14 11:18 BST (UK) »
It is certainly very odd.
His assumed mother had numerous apparently illegitimate children between 1875 and 1892.
She died 1900 aged 39 having finally married.
The mind boggles.

Rex
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 26 June 14 11:29 BST (UK) »
His assumed mother had numerous apparently illegitimate children between 1875 and 1892.

Have you found the birth of the other children? Perhaps as they were illegitimate she just didn't bother to register them thinking it would get her into trouble. Obviously with the death she had no choice.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lazarus

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 26 June 14 11:38 BST (UK) »
I have the birth for all of the other children.Thats why this one is unusual.
In a few cases I have eventually identified the father as named when the child married.

Rex