Author Topic: Diana HARMER, WILDE mystery!  (Read 7172 times)

Offline Sus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diana HARMER, WILDE mystery!
« on: Saturday 03 June 06 23:49 BST (UK) »
Looking for the TRUTH about Diana WILDE, daughter of Matthew WILDE and Sarah HARMER, born about 1760, of Norwich.    I cannot find the marriage record of the parents, nor the birth record of Diana.  Her full name may be Diana Harmer WILDE.   Question:  Was Diana born to Sarah HARMER before Sarah's marriage to Matthew WILDE?  Another possibility is that Diana is the younger sister of Sarah.  There is a HARMER family in Witton near North Walsham with a Sarah baptised in 1740 and a Dinah baptised in 1759.  Diana later married John BUNTON, naming one of their daughters Diana, who was married as Dinah.  Am I reading too much into this??  It would help tremendously to find the marriage record of Matthew and Sarah.  Thanks, Susan in Oregon, U.S.A.
NORFOLK - Simpson, Snelling, Betts, Towler, Daniels, Rhodes, Darken, Silvey, Layton, Wells, Soons, Blyth, Slipper, Fitt, Sursham, Wilkin, Stratford, Weeks, Butler, Cuthbert, Blackburne, Pointer, Fisher, Bunton, Long, Mann, et al.
SUFFOLK - Cook, Moore, Youngs, Norman, Todd, Soanes, Crickmore, Boyce, Stone, White, Cubitt, Norman, Spence, Hickleton, Fiske, Butcher, Brown, Bloomfield, Woolner, Barnes, Tripp, Gurney, Burgess, Richards, Andrews, Gent, Sterry, Turner, et al.

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Diana HARMER, WILDE mystery!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 June 06 08:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan

Diane Harmer Wilde is in my tree and I have her Birth/Baptism as 19 Oct 1760 St Michael Coslaney Norwich she is my 5x great grandmother
Like yourself tho I have not yet found a marriage for Sarah and Matthew but I have sarahs birth year as 1730

My problem here is that in the early days of my research I didn't have the foresight to note WHERE I got my info, this has frustrated me no end of late so where I can I double check my findings.

I have that Diana is the second eldest of 6 children the first being born in 1758.

If you would like to compare details please do email me direct

Teresa

Offline Sus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 June 06 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information on Diana Harmer Wilde.  She is my fifth great grandmother, also!  Through which of her children are you descended?

I had Sarah Harmer's birth as about 1738, but of course she could be older than that.  There is a Sarah Harmer christened 26 Sep 1729, St. Peter Mancroft, Norwich, daur. of Samll Harmer and Mary (IGI extracted reccord).  Perhaps she is the one!  That would put her at age 40 when her last child was born (Edward).

If I ever find the marriage record of Matthew and Sarah, I will post it.

Let me know how you are descended from Diana.  You must therefore be part of the Alderman John Norman pedigree.  My maternal grandmother had two pedigrees, through both of her parents!

Sincerely,
Susan in Oregon, U.S.A.
NORFOLK - Simpson, Snelling, Betts, Towler, Daniels, Rhodes, Darken, Silvey, Layton, Wells, Soons, Blyth, Slipper, Fitt, Sursham, Wilkin, Stratford, Weeks, Butler, Cuthbert, Blackburne, Pointer, Fisher, Bunton, Long, Mann, et al.
SUFFOLK - Cook, Moore, Youngs, Norman, Todd, Soanes, Crickmore, Boyce, Stone, White, Cubitt, Norman, Spence, Hickleton, Fiske, Butcher, Brown, Bloomfield, Woolner, Barnes, Tripp, Gurney, Burgess, Richards, Andrews, Gent, Sterry, Turner, et al.

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 June 06 16:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Susan

My Wilde line goes in 2 directions I descend from her daughter Diana Bunton who married Edward Wilde (Diana Harmer Wildes nephew)

I shall send you a PM with my email and info on how to view my tree

Teresa

Offline Sus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 June 06 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, Teresa -- I am descended through Diana's daughter Mary or Mary Anne Bunton or Bunting, who married John Sursham 8 Jun 1802.

Susan

Offline donnachick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 December 06 21:14 GMT (UK) »
hi i dont know if i can help in any way but i am donna bunton and my family of buntons come from north walsham i cant find a diane but im sure it must be connected in some way i hope you have solved your mystery
donna  8)
thorpe middleditch bunton draper moore batterby batterbee andrews barton smith

Offline pigginnut

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 December 06 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Donna

mystery not solved yet - maybe it never will be - many Norwich records have been destroyed - its probably just my luck who I want is on the pages that are lost

Teresa

Offline donnachick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 December 06 21:28 GMT (UK) »
im sorry to hear its a dead end for you at the moment  :'(
thorpe middleditch bunton draper moore batterby batterbee andrews barton smith

Offline Sus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 07 January 07 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Parish register transcripts -- St. Michael Coslany, Norwich, Norfolk, England (LDS microfilm #894728):

"1758 Wilde Matthew s otp & Houghton Sarah s otp Jan 17 B"