Author Topic: Catherine Margaret Marshall  (Read 5881 times)

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Margaret Marshall
« on: Tuesday 05 November 13 12:04 GMT (UK) »
Looking for information on Catherine Margaret Marshall, she was born on the 22 April 1898 at 28 Wilton Drive, Kelvin, Glasgow.  Her parents were John Eden James Marshall and Janet Wylie Harris.

Would appreciate any information on Catherine especially the whereabouts of where she died or did she ever marry?

Regards
Oletta

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Margaret Marshall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 November 13 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You would have to search Scotlands People for a marriage for her?  Once that is established it will enable you to search for a death

SP is a pay per view site so whilst the index is free - you would have to buy credits to download any possibilities

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 November 13 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Oletta  :) ,

Have you found Catherine on the 1901 and 1911 Census ?
Have you looked at her parents death certificates on the off chance that Catherine may have been the informant  :-\

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 November 13 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello CaroleW and ev

sorry I have not got back to you sooner.  I have had a look at Scotlands people and found 6 marriages, they are as follows:-

1. 1980 James Dunsmore and Catherine Margaret Marshall in Bathgate, West Lothian
2. 1978 Brian Thomas Fitzpatrick and Catherine Margaret Marshall in Leith, Edinburgh city
3. 1970 Patrick Gammie and Catherine Margaret Marshall in Rutherglen, south Lanarkshire
4. 1947 Eric william Jenkiins and Catherine Margaret Marshall in Govan, Glasgow city, Lanarkshire
5. 1978 Trevor King and Catherine Margaret Marshall in Stirling, Stirling

All of the above have no images

6. 1925 John MacDougall and Catherine Margaret Marshall in Newington, Edinburgh - city
On this marriage certificate John and Catherine are both aged 40 but unfortunatley Catherine's parents are not John Marshall and Janet Harris.

As for the census, I have Catherine on the 1911 census living with her parents at 7 Willowbank Crescent, Glasgow.

On Catherine's Father's  death certificate the informant is Catherine's mother Janet Marshall nee Harris
and on Catherine's Mother's death certificate the informant is Catherine's brother Eden Marshall

Regards
Oletta

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 November 13 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If she was born in 1898 - I doubt marriages in 1970/78 and 1980 are going to be hers.  1947 may be a possibility but she was 49 by then

You could try looking for a death for Catherine Margaret Jenkins to see if it matches her birthyear or parents
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 09 November 13 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I can only find one death on scotlands people for Catherine Margaret Jenkins but will not give a image.  But it says she died in 2009, other name Marshall, aged 86, District - New Kilpatrick, East Dunbatronshire.  If this Catherine died in 2009 aged 86 that means she would be born in 1923.  So I don't think this is the Catherine I am looking for.

Regards
Oletta

Offline Oletta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 03 February 14 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Would anyone be so kind to do a look up for me please, for Catherine M Marshall on the New york passenger list 1820 - 1957.

And hope that this is the Catherine Margaret Marshall that I am looking for!!

Best wishes

Oletta

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 03 February 14 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The free index on the link below has this entry but it could be a married woman

Catherine Margaret Marshall b 1898 departed Leith 1937 for Montreal

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action?redef=0

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 February 14 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, from scotlandspeople,     Catherine Margaret Marshall married 1925 Newington Edinburgh city  to John McDougal, I hope this helps?, Nikitah.