Author Topic: help tracing ann mails born in wednesfield around 1795  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: help tracing ann mails born in wednesfield around 1795
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 10:01 BST (UK) »
There is another possibility

7.2.1814 St Peters John Mayles to Ann Corkindale - could Ann have possibly been married before? It might explain why the two children were born before they married

Also there is an Ann Corkindale baptised 1.1.1795 at St Marys Bushbury parents Thomas and Mary

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
  • third great grandmother Elizabeth bull b.1839
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 10:28 BST (UK) »
Wow I think you may have nailed it, Charles hill her husband his mother was phoebe corkindale and one of the witnesses in 1826 was a corkindale too, that would make a lot of sence, I will look more into it now thankyou willow

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
One of my several times Great Grandmothers had been married before and it wasnt until I saw the registry entry (1807) that said 'widow' (they dont always on the early ones) I discovered her maiden name - I never did find her ex husbands death so maybe he did a bunk ;D

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 10:53 BST (UK) »
Yes its always best to check the original for any clues, even comparing signatures sometimes helps if they didn't sign with a x that is :)
Ive traced the Thomas father of ann theres a death for him in 1832 in wolves aged 63, then I found a baptism for him in 1771 in wednesfield under corkingham to james and ann.
James and ann corkindale daughter phoebe born 1774 in wednesfield was Charles hills mother, how strange so that would make Charles and ann first cousins?

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 11:02 BST (UK) »
I have had cousins and first cousins marry in my family too - also people marrying the sister/brother of their first spouse after they died

At least Thomas and his family was in Wednesfield

13.6.1791 St Peters Thomas Corkindale to Mary Johns

Willow x

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 11:04 BST (UK) »
I just really want to thank you for finding that out for me willow, I feel guilty on glen now going to w-ton archives to look more into and I think you've cracked it!
thanks again willow

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 11:07 BST (UK) »
Glad to help you were lucky it was an unusual surname for the area

Willow x

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,i am glad you are sorted.I couldnt find anything in the papers,feel guilty.I searched through twice,they are black,so hard to read.Then thought i would look in deaths,and there werent any!So,i thought i would look at the Wolverhampton Chronicle,and those dates werent there,i dont know if someone had them out,but will have a look next week.Did find the marriage,but you have that dont you,if not can get it next week.
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 00:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Glen really kind of you to go through all that bother for me, don't worry about it I just appriate the kind help, thanks again sorry to have wasted your time.