Author Topic: Burial lookup in Wirral Cheshire  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Gram L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Burial lookup in Wirral Cheshire
« on: Tuesday 29 July 14 22:19 BST (UK) »
I am hoping to find a burial place for Alice Mitchell, who died in Wirral, Cheshire, 10a 960.  She was 89 yrs. of age.  I have no idea which cemetery she may be in.  Any help will be much appreciated, Gail
Mitchell
Battle
Leeks

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burial lookup in Wirral Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

who died in Wirral, Cheshire, 10a 960

You have forgotten to include the year and the quarter  Edit - looked it up and it was March qtr 1968 and she was 89

What was her address at the time of her death
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Gram L

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 22:52 BST (UK) »
 Sorry, I did forget the year and the quarter, glad you were able to find it.   I have not been able to find an address for her.  I am certainly not the best researcher,  I was looking in directories for Liverpool (she had lived here in the past); and I tried Cheshire, too.  Her first husband died in 1924 and is buried in Ford Cemetery.  He was living on 47 Kent St, Liverpool. (his name-Battle).  She also married in Liverpool in 1929.  After that I haven't had any luck finding her whereabouts.  Gail
Mitchell
Battle
Leeks

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi

These are all the many areas covered by the Wirral Registration district.  I have checked Cheshire BMD as that would show the sub-reg district to help narrow it but this death doesn't appear

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/wirral.html

Unless anybody has another source of info - you may have to buy the death cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 09:06 BST (UK) »
is this the right lady ?
marriage
Alice Ellen Linney to James Battle - Liverpool - 1897 sep qtr 8b 156
Alice E Battle to David G Mitchell - Liverpool 1927 sep qtr 8b 408
if so
Alice Ellen Linney was born in Birkenhead ,June qtr 1879
cheshirebmd has her registration in Birkenhead ....
in 1881 census the family are in Back Beckwith Street ,Birkenhead
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X31H-F9G
if - and it is a big if Alice went back to The Wirral from Liverpool after her marriage to David G Mitchell ,I would have thought she went back by her family in Birkenhead ?
Flaybrick Hill Cemetery,Birkenhead   last admitted bodies in 1975 - so Alice dying in 1968 - she may have gone there ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaybrick_Hill_Cemetery

a bit of  pie in the sky outlook , but if she went back to Birkenhead - Flaybrick would be my first place to ask ....
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 09:24 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think you need to get her death certificate in order to find her residence when she died, and also date of death. If she did die in Birkenhead then I would suggest Landican Cemetery as first choice but burials can often not be where you would expect. Cemetery records for Wirral Borough Council (which includes both Flaybrick & Landican) are held at Landican Cemetery

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-services/community-and-living/deaths-cemeteries-and-crematoria/cemeteries

Andy