Author Topic: Clara Glendenning - look up please  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clara Glendenning - look up please
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 06 July 14 19:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks avm228. Now I understand. I thought we were still looking for Mrs. Glendinning, but I gather now from your explanation that we are looking for Clara McCann and that the Glendinning trail was where things went wrong.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clara Glendenning - look up please
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 06 July 14 19:40 BST (UK) »
The birthdate on Clara's baptism is certainly a puzzle as it clearly says 3 April 1837.  The two previous entries on the same day also have an 1837 birthdate.  Perhaps the minister's notes were unclear as to Clara's details by the time he wrote up the baptism register some time later.

If her true birthdate was 3 Apr 1851, consistent with the Jun qtr 1851 Holborn birth registration for Clara Maccann, she would have missed the 1851 census (taken on 30 March) by just a few days.  The address given at baptism (13 Baldwin's Gardens) was the same address as was occupied by the McCanns in the 1851 census.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline grubheam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Clara Glendenning - look up please - completed
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 16 August 14 18:55 BST (UK) »
I am going to do a fresh thread as I got new info
I ordered birth cert of Alfred and Clara Mann's daughter Clara Mann to confirmed that Clara's maiden anme was MacCann/McCann.

A few days later, I am right, indeed, Clara was a daughter of Alfred Mann and Clara MacCann! SO I suspected right all along after Glendenning thread crashed.

This thread is to be end so I do fresh thread.
Thank you for your help.
Gallop / Gallop of Mid & East Dorset & Bournemouth area
Grubheam of Herefordshire
Luker of Abingdon, Berkshire & Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Dwight of Middlesex & London