Author Topic: GEORGE SYMINGTON LINDSAY/MARY CAMPBELL  (Read 3819 times)

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GEORGE SYMINGTON LINDSAY/MARY CAMPBELL
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 August 14 10:01 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the mess up yesterday I will try again
The electoral roles for Barking did not start until 1900, but in 1901 they were living 72,

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 10:37 BST (UK) »
I have been having trouble sending this post, my own fault, so I am trying again

I went to the Rippleside cemetery, I found the grave but there is no headstone, no further burials for this family either in this cemetery or the local church cemetery.

1901 the family were living 72, Howard Road Barking
1911 at 34, Coverdale Road Barking
Electoral registers did not start in Barking until 1900 not further trace of the family after the death of their mother apart from David's burial with them, I will try and find out where he was 1918-1926 but the years of WW1 were either missing or sparse.

Polly - think this was a nick name for Mary, not unusual when the child had the same name as the parent. There is a marriage for Mary Lindsay to Leonard A.R. Pearce in Barking in the March quarter of 1918.

James worked as a machine minder in the rubber industry most likely William Warne Rubber Company the biggest around and very close to where they lived.

Offline chris-01

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 April 21 13:43 BST (UK) »
Allan the jambo could you contact me. We talk some years ago when he asked Reggie’s birthday. I have Lindsay birth papers and marriages. My name is Chris Pearce I hope to hear from you.