Author Topic: Look up please or any information regarding an address in Bath  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Carybeth

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up please or any information regarding an address in Bath
« on: Friday 10 October 14 00:53 BST (UK) »
My 3x great grandmother, Catherine Selina Wilkins (nee Whale), known as Selina Wilkins died in 1876 at 4 Saint James Parade in Bath of alcoholism at the age of 49 years. Selina was living in Abbey Rd, Birmingham in 1871 with her husband and youngest daughter. Looking at the censuses, Selina's children seemed to have been living with different relatives other than with her and their father, Henry Robert Wilkins and I am wondering if this was due to her having an alcohol problem. Selina came from a middle class family and was comfortably off according to records. Could anyone identify if the address she died at was connected to something similar like a 'modern day Priory clinic' as she was quite a distance from where her family were living.  Thank you, Cary.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please or any information regarding an address in Bath
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 October 14 07:44 BST (UK) »
In 1881, 4 St James Parade appears to be flats?

Families there are:
William J Beake, Tailor, + wife Elizabeth and 3 children and 2 lodgers
William Warren, Coach Trimmer, + wife Sarah and 3 children
Henry Shore, Boot Maker + wife Emma and 1 son

St James Parade appears to be all flats, as far as I can tell.
My own family were in the area at that time, and were also living in multiple-occupancy dwellings.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please or any information regarding an address in Bath
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 October 14 23:04 BST (UK) »
Don't know anything about the area sorry, but amazingly, I've just added William Warren - as in KGarrad's reply above - and family to my tree tonight  ;D
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....