Author Topic: David Livingstone/Alfred Henry Pitt Livingstone  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Livingstone/Alfred Henry Pitt Livingstone
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 October 14 13:24 BST (UK) »
It's a shame it was just P and not Pitt to clinch it more but fingers crossed.

I'm thinking his father was called Pitt, possibly Alfred/Henry or both, and perhaps Jane claimed to be married/widowed for respectability.  But she was really single and Jane Reynolds.

Anyway that's just speculation on my part!  If you do get the certificate please come back and let us know  :)

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Juliepen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 October 14 19:19 BST (UK) »
I agree, it is a shame, but we shall see. I wondered too if his father was called Pitt.  It would explain a lot, but he is the only Pitt Livingstone I can find, and the name wasn't carried on later either, as his son Harry was just Livingstone.  I will send for the certificate next week, and keep you updated, to close the thread. 

Oddly enough though, I cannot find Jane Reynolds, or Alfred Henry in 1911.  I wonder if they were living away, or just not registered.

Thanks for your help. xx
Butson, Barn(e)s, Hartnoll, Reed in Devon,
Shepherd, Turner, Hadley, in Birmingham
Price, Evans, Jones, Morgan, Brecknock
Hill in Malvern
James, Lewis in Glamorgan

Offline Juliepen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 October 14 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Have just looked again at 1911, and can't believe I missed the fact that it says Alfred Pitt was 1 year and 10 months old, not just 10 months, so this does actually put his birth properly at June 1909, so the Jane and Alfred Pitt in 1911 is the correct one, with David Livingstone as a boarder.  From this information, I have now gone back to 1871 so far, finding out that Jane was not born in 1872 as I first worked out, but in 1870,  I have found all of her family, to include her brothers, one called Harry, and one called Alfred(so that is where the names came from).  I will definately be sending for the wedding certificate, and Alfreds birth certificate now. xx
Butson, Barn(e)s, Hartnoll, Reed in Devon,
Shepherd, Turner, Hadley, in Birmingham
Price, Evans, Jones, Morgan, Brecknock
Hill in Malvern
James, Lewis in Glamorgan