Author Topic: Thomas Brown - Beatrix Kyle m.1773  (Read 3869 times)

Offline BillRichardson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Brown - Beatrix Kyle m.1773
« on: Thursday 06 March 14 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Thomas and Beatrix were married in Hawick 24.06.1773. They had one son that I can trace - Adam James Brown 1790 who may have been a portrait painter. They seemed to have moved to Alnwick. Can anyone please help - Thomas' or Beatrix's parents or any developments concerning their family. This is my first go with this - hope I haven't asked too much.

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • GG gf Robert. Born Ireland 1865. Died USA 1941.
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Brown - Beatrix Kyle m.1773
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 March 14 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bill and welcome to RootsChat. Do you have the other kids. I have

Walter 21 Jan 1793
Helen 23 December 1782
Agnes 1 June 1785
Jane 20 January 1780
Margaret 22 May 1787

Also to Thomas William Brown and Beatrix Kyle (Are they the same couple) All dates are christenings in Hawick.

James 1 December 1775
William 5 March 1774
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.
YORKSHIRE: Cudworth Smith Cope Coulton Hainsworth

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 March 14 18:07 GMT (UK) »
These might be worth a look at for the parents of Beatrix.

James Kyle and Agnes Mitchelhill married Hawick 18 December 1751. I can only find christenings from 1757.

William 1757
John 1759
Walter 1765.

This leaves from 1751 to 1757 for other possible births. The names featured certainly fit with those of Thomas and Beatrix's children, so might be worth a look.
SCOTLAND: Wardlaw Steen/Stein Tweedie McBride McEwan Pate/Peat Brown Somerville Bishop Farier/Ferrier Wood  Torrance Gibb Ross Dunlop Downs Richardson Ramsey Story Snaddon/Sneddon Auld Allan McLean McInnes Mason Law Lawson Kerr Cockburn Christie Ballingall Wardrope Weir Wallace Scott.
IRELAND: Welsh Clifford Lee Allingham Keane Dale Robinson Greer McVey Bingham Skelton Carson Broomfield Clark McEwan/McKeown McCreary McLaughlan.

Offline BillRichardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 March 14 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much - this gives me something to go at - i don't know how or where you've managed to do this. Thanks.

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 March 14 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Try this link Bill, it's a great help in searching. Beware of contibuted entries as they can be correct, a bit out or plain wrong. Indexed entries will give you dates to then go and try and find the certs.
Have a play around with it and if you have any problems using the site, feel free to get in touch by 'personal message' To do that just click on my name at the side of the post. Hope it helps.

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/igi

PS. you will need one more post on here before you can use the personal messaging, just reply to this and you will be away.

George.

Offline BillRichardson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 March 14 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks George - I'll have a search now.  Bill

Offline Seoras

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 March 14 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bill, I've sent you a message that might give you a few hints. Just click on 'messages' at the top of the page.

Offline colincam

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bill
Thomas Brown and Beatrix Kyle are on my family tree. They are the likely parents of my ggg grandfather, Adam Brown who was born c1790 in Hawick.
Sadly I have never been able to find out who the couple's parents were but I do know that Thomas was a shoemaker by trade and a Hawick Burgess.
However if you would like to know more about Adam Brown, then please get in touch by personal message
Kind regards
colincam
Brown: Campbell: Castle: Catto: Ferguson: Forbes: Greig: Mackie: Rae: Reid: Riddel: Wallace: Wright