Author Topic: Grandfather, William Wills, Aberdeen Scotland, is all I have.  (Read 9776 times)

Offline flamencoguy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grandfather, William Wills, Aberdeen Scotland, is all I have.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 18:35 BST (UK) »
Hello, I have read your email.  Not to sure how this site works.  I spoke with my grandmother and she told me that William could possibly be one of the brothers of her grandfather/great grandfather (not to sure which term she used).  Do you remember if someone in the family by the name Erskin? (not sure on spelling)  I remember my grandmother mentioning her name. 

Would be fun to see if there is a connection between us.

Just so there are no confusion, you are 5 hours ahead from me in time zones.   

Offline Sharon01

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 July 11 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,

There is a Daniel Will in 1841 living at Long Acre, Aberdeenshire

Jean Will 40
Daniel Will 11  book seller apprentice
Alexander Will 8
William Will 5

All were  born Aberdeen & they were living with the Wallace family.

In 1861 Daniel is a soldier with the 78th Foot regiment in Aberdeen.

Can not see him 1851.

Sharon
Fagan/England/Ireland
Aldridge/London
Sills/London/Kent
Hartwell/London
Salkeld/Cumberland/Northumberland
Robinson/London
Stewart/Ireland/Scotland/England

Offline spellboundone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 May 12 06:33 BST (UK) »
Hi!

My name is Terri Will AND I noticed your post seeking information on your grandfather, William Will husband of Eva dear.

By the way, Our last name is "Will" not "Wills" but everybody insists on putting an 'S'' on the end so if you've been having problems finding us, you mayy want to put just WILL in...through I'm sure you've done that and gotten every lawyer advertisement offering to draw up your will, been there.....

You ARE going to like this message because, as you can see, Wm was my Great Grandfather.  My Grand dad was William Will born 1920 in Montreal.  We are second cousins I guess....pretty close considering all of the thousands of people related but not as closely..

So, what do you want to know about William? How about we start off with providing you with a photo of him?  I have one of Eva too.  I;ll send you both and one of me. I Hope  I can upload them to you, I'm using my iPad and the damn thing doesn't always do what I want but dint worry, i will get them to you if I have to snail mail them OK!

lets see, I guess I will begin with Williams
date of birth which was 4 April 1875 in Quebec city, Quebec.. I have his birth certificate I can send you a copy.

He is shown to be living in Montreal Centre, Quebec in the 1891 Canaddian Census to see that you simply google it as "1891 Canada Census's. you'll see all kinds of cool sh*t on that!

I have his marriage certificate of his and Eva's marriage which took place In Montreal, Quebec at the Methodist West-end, St. Joseph Church, Quebec.  They were married on 28 June 1909.

Eva was born Feb 1895 (SHE WAS 14 and he was 34!!!)' She was born in Kennsington. I have EXTENSIVE history on Eva's ancestry going back to 1620 so far!!! She was born in Kennsington London England.  She immigrated herre on 3 November 1907 arriving in Montreal. She left England from Liverpool  she died in 1956 in Toronto I believe.

Back to Grandpa the old pervert, ha ha!. in the 1911 Census he is shown to be residing in Montreal st Antoine, Quebec.  You can find this on the Census as well.

Wm died on 8 August 1930 in Montreal Quebec

Wm's parents were Daniel Davidson  Will born 1831 died inn 1812. Born in Aberdeenshire Scotland, Died in Montreal.

Williams mother was Rodney Elder born 1836 in Aberdeenshire Scotland where she is shown to be living in Scotlands census records in 1841, 1851, 1861 (St. Nicholas Aberdeenshire Scotland) and shown ti Be residing in 1891 Canadian Census so immigrated here with Daniel between 1861 and 1891. She and Daniel were married on 28 November 1861 at St. Nicholas, Aberdeenshire Scotland. Rodney died in 1909...the same year my Grand Dad was born (their first grandson) from Eva and William.

Daniel and Rodney had the following kids:

Eva and William had the following kids and here they are:William (my beloved Grand Dad), Laura born 1911, Daniel Alexander Will (1812), Charles J (1915) and Uncle Fred Will 1919.  So which one of the siblings is your mother or father? Laura?

Now...  back to William Sr's parents who were Daniel and Rodney  Elder.  They had a whack of kids and those kids are: Jean (1866-19490, JAMES B. 1869, WILLIAM (OUR GRANDPA B 1875) AND RODNEY ELDER WILL Born 1878.

Daniel's father was George Will born 1808 and his mom was Jane Harvey and she was born in 1788 and died in 1861.  Jane was born in Laukirk. KINCARDON. They had 3 kids, Daniel (our G grandpa, plus Rodney  (1836-1909) and Ellen born 1840.

George was born in St. Nicholas Parrish, Aberdeen, Scotland in 1808, He married Jane on 26 August 1828  in Old Machar Parish, Aberdeen Scotland.

So that should keep you busy for a while!

I noticed many references to my family in the posts responding to your request for information and I
d like all of you to know that we Will descendants are alive and well in Canada.  I am the daughter of William Lawrene Will born 1935 to Rose Bateman and William Will (Jr).  you can see the extensive work I have done on our Will family in my file.  I've been trying to upload the whole works to GEDCOM and I expect to have it there Any time. 

I'd love to hear from anyone in our family. My home email is (*)

I know there are a million typos in this message. My keys are sticking and right now it's 1:22a.m. and I'm too tired to go back and look for them all plus the keys will still stick....haha, so live with it!

I'll now try to upload some pictures OK! if they don'tshow up you can see them by trying to find my family Tree. Google this, "Will(s) Terri Family Tree". If you can't find it please let me know.  I'd love to help everyone.

Email me for photos OR find my Family tree.  Hope all goes well!

Going to bed now,

Terri Will

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline spellboundone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Grandfather, William Wills, Aberdeen Scotland, is all I haveuestions
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 April 14 07:35 BST (UK) »
Even though you posted this 3 yrs ago I didn't see any answers to your question(s) so I'm answering anyway... because I know this Wm Will stuff! 
Ok, Wm Will who was born in 1875 was born in Montreal. He married Eva Dear.
William's parents were Daniel Will and his 2nd wife Rodney Elder. They married in St. Nicholas Parrish, Aberdeenshire in 1861 following Daniel's first wife's death. His first wife's name was Margaret Wyness and the'd only been married since 1851. Daniel was in the Aberdeen Seaforths 78th Regiment foot soldier. He had to live in the barracks. When Margaret died Daniel's had two children to raise. The children born to Daniel and Margaret were a son named Alexander (b. About 1853) and a daughter named Margaret (b, 1853).  So Alexander is probably the older brother your Dad spoke of who was born in Scotland.  OR your Dad could have been referring to his children with Rodney Ellen ? Daniel (1864). I bet your father's name was James? (1867-1929)?

I hope its not too confusing.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 07 April 14 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Spellboundone,

I am sorry to say that weedickitygurl emails are no longer working and from what I can see, they have turned off being notified of all new replies. :'(

Very sad that we could not connect you two.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk