Author Topic: Death Graham Walsh on 29 August 1976 at Lockerbie  (Read 1237 times)

Offline lindash51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Graham Walsh on 29 August 1976 at Lockerbie
« on: Monday 08 August 11 09:27 BST (UK) »
 Hi all - I don't know if anyone can hellp with this but I hope you don't mind me asking
I am trying to find out more details of my brother GRAHAM ROSCOE WALSH's death which happened in a road traffic accident on the A74 near Lockerbie on the 29 August 1976. Graham and his family were driving to Scotland for their holiday when Graham was knocked down  At the time we were too shocked to ask many questions and his children were too young to take it in properly. As I do family research I have been asked to see what information is available. I have quickly discovered there is a very different system in Scotland and have already contacted the Procurator Fiscal and the National Archives of Scotand who have tried to help but it seems either there wasn't a Fatal Accident Inquiry or all the records have been destroyed.
 As I understand it the only remaining line of research would be if there was an article in the local newspaper. Would anyone be able to help with this and could either access the local newspaper archive or be able to give me information of which newspaper and access details. I could then try to find a local researcher or consider coming up myself. Also if anyone has any thoughts on any other lines of enquiry that I could take it would be much appreciated
Kinda regards
Linda Hindley 
Walsh, Ramwell, Roscoe, Whitworth, Hindley, Court, Lobb, Heywood, Bolton, Raby, McMail, Bullough, Fairclough