Author Topic: help tracing ann mails born in wednesfield around 1795  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: help tracing ann mails born in wednesfield around 1795
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 October 14 13:42 BST (UK) »
plus it depends how good the vicars hearing is too because they probably couldnt spell their surname if he asked

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 October 14 06:48 BST (UK) »
Indeed, I suppose it could be MILLS - depending on their accent?

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 October 14 18:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,i have the little book,Wednesfield Parish Register,baptisms and burials 1751-1837.I have looked through it and there is nothing that resembles Mails.I thought there might be a few others as well,but cant find anything.If you want me to look for anyone else,let me know.Glen
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
  • third great grandmother Elizabeth bull b.1839
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 October 14 23:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the help everybody that has spent their time looking into this for me, something weird has just came across my mind... bare with me just a thought.

Her husband Charles was baptised 27 may 1798 to paul and phoebe hill nee corkindale at st peters wolves, he has a SISTER named ann baptised 22 june 1795 that fits perfectly with age and they are both born wednesfield on the 1851 census, ann is 2 years older than Charles in 1851 census too.

And why did they have two children before they married firstly luke in 1823 and then a Charles in 1825? Did this sort of thing ever happen in those days???

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 October 14 23:40 BST (UK) »
one last thought could it be hales? misheard as mails?
Theres a baptised of a mary ANN hales baptised 11 july 1796 to a Samuel and mary, I cannot find anything else from the parents of that one though ?

In thought of the mills suggestion there was a mills married on the next entry of a Thomas spelt as it should? this marriage was on the same day

the ann baptised as ann mills as suggested in 1800 to john and ann had a brother named Thomas born 1806!

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 October 14 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hales sounds like a good suggestion too. I'm not sure how you're going to sort this one out!

As to children before marriage - I'm sure it happened quite a bit. Certainly did in one of my family's where they had their children, then got married after the youngest was born, I have no idea why! See this thread for lots more similar stories:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=698009.0

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 October 14 12:04 BST (UK) »
I have printed the wedding off and will take it to W-ton archives on Tuesday and ask the experts.They can usually look at a name and say what it is.Can you let me have the wedding date and the number in the bottom left hand corner,under-prefence!There are also books of transcriptions for St.Peters,do you want anyone looking up?Glen
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 October 14 20:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for than Glen, very kind of you, the date is 7th September 1826 and the number is 883. I would really appreciate one more favour if you attend w-ton archives, that would be if you could look at the newspaper archive for me at express and star, my second great grandfather Frank Spencer hung himself at merridale street on Monday 28th October 1935 aged 53, I know it happened around 5.30pm so might be in following week or days newspaper. I would love more information if it made newspaper, if you do find it can you print it for me and email I will pay you your expenses whatever it costs you, kind regards.

Offline glen11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 08:55 BST (UK) »
Am on the case!Will let you know after.
Edwards.Godwin.Gilding