Author Topic: Border Permits ca 1917 to leave for 3 days  (Read 1148 times)

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Border Permits ca 1917 to leave for 3 days
« on: Monday 22 September 14 23:06 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of a Permit To Leave Canada for New York City for 3 days think its May 17 1917 that my Grdad Michael "Reims" applied for. He resided Victoria Ave Westmount PQ. I have seen  another of his Border Entries but was hoping that this one would be available to view ? say Canada Archives or NY records does any one know? Thank you

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Border Permits ca 1917 to leave for 3 days
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 20:37 BST (UK) »
Can only see the 1921 crossing.  That is a Michael Reims born 1884 Wales  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline mona lisa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Border Permits ca 1917 to leave for 3 days
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 September 14 20:46 BST (UK) »
Yes, thank you , that is him *Sandra*  I have it . I have seen this with a place called "Porydock"  S. Wales being a place of birth. I would've loved to have eyeballed this myself. ( I have seen some out of this world interpretations of transcriptions.......Maybe Grdad was refused the 3 day visit and just kept the form already signed by 4 witnesses and ready to be processed. I am sure that many "visits" unrecorded were by train. Its just that these extreme brikwalls are so very frustrating.