Author Topic: Look-up where Counties Limerick, Cork and Tipperary Meet Please  (Read 1570 times)

Offline WGoodall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Look-up where Counties Limerick, Cork and Tipperary Meet Please
« on: Friday 15 August 14 22:09 BST (UK) »

I was wondering if someone could do a look-up for me in the Kilbehenny area where Counties Limerick, Cork and Tipperary meet for John FITZGERALD and Margaret FITZGERALD - a brother and sister.

My GG Grandmother is:

Mary FITZGERALD  (she married William Goodall on 21 October 1953 in Brighton, Victoria, Australia)
b.  abt. 1837  -  Limerick
d.  bet. 4-11 June, 1915  -  Lilydale, Victoria, Australia  (78) 

I believe Mary FITZGERALD arrived in Melbourne, Australia, on 18 May 1953 on the “Bride”.

On Mary’s Marriage Certificate it says she was born in Limerick.
On the Birth Certificate for the first 2 out of 12 children it says she was born in Cork.
In her Obituary it says she was from Tipperary.

Mary FITZGERALD’s parents are:

John FITZGERALD  and  Mary O'BRIEN
(I got that information from Mary FITZGERALD’s Marriage Certificate, see attached)

I’ve been looking for something else to give validity to my search and I think I've got it!!!   :o

I was given the suggestion to research the witnesses on Mary FITZGERALD’s Marriage Certificate.  Those two witnesses are in red below.

Patrick CAHILL
b.  abt. 1803
married
Margaret FITZGERALD
b.  abt. 1814

Children:

Thomas CAHILL
b.  abt. 1833

Mary CAHILL
b.  abt. 1835

Garrett CAHILL
b.  abt. 1836

Catherine CAHILL

b.  abt. 1837

Margaret Cahill
b.  abt. 1839

There is an unsourced tree on ancestry.com which states Patrick and Margaret, and their children, came from Kilglass, Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick.  Which just happens to border the three counties that Mary FITZGERALD’s records say she was born!!  Woo hoo - am I getting close?

So, in conclusion, I am hoping someone will look up a birth for John FITZGERALD and Margaret FITZGERALD in the Kilbehenny area of Co. Limerick or around the area where Counties Limerick, Cork and Tipperary meet to prove that they are brother and sister - my fingers are crossed!!

Thank you.

Wendy

Goodall  -  Lewis  -  Fitzgerald  -  Curran
Munday  -  Waterworth  -  Hayes  -  Lee
MacKinnon  -  McKinnon  -  Nicholson  -  Cameron
Wilcox  -  Bonser  -  Needham  -  Taylor