Author Topic: James Bullock  (Read 7081 times)

Offline banora

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: James Bullock
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 August 12 11:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor,
Thank you for the baptisms information, hopefully you may be lucky enough to find James' parents too.
-------------------------------------------
Scuda, Thanks also for the details of Jesse's will.

To all who help with information many thanks, I do appreciate any help.

Barb
Buckingham, bliss,  Beatty (Beattie or Beaty), Bullock,
 Dunnett,  Jones, , Keane, Kite (Kyte), Nagle, Sendey, Reid,

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 August 12 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Barb,
Okay, I'm just back from Gloucester and here are my James BULLOCK results.
1838 Marriage solemnized at the Parish Church in the Parish of St Nicholas in the County of Gloucester, October 1st, James BULLOCK, 28, Bachelor, Fishmonger, Spencers Yard, f. James BULLOCK, Labour, m. Sarah BLISS, 20, Spinster, Poulterer, Spencers Yard, f. Jesse BLISS, Poulterer.
I then went looking for James BULLOCK Senior's marriage and found the folowing which may, or may not, be yours:-
May 1st, 1806, James BULLOCK m. Sarah COLLINBURN @ Holy Trinity, Badgeworth, Glos.
BULLOCK, James, bap. April 16th, 1807 @ Holy Trinity, Badgeworth, Glos.
BULLOCK, Thomas, bap. December 4th, 1808 @ Holy Trinity, Badgeworth, Glos.
BULLOCK, John, bap. April 28th, 1811 @ Holy Trinity, Badgeworth, Glos.
If this IS your interface the following MUST be relevant:-
October 21st, 1780, James BULLOCK of Badgeworth m. Jane HOLDER of Standish @ Holy Trinity, Badgeworth, Glos.
Another possibility is as follows:-
October 31st, 1796, James BULLOCK of Wootton m. Jemima CARELESS of Wootton @ St Mary de Lode, Gloucester. Please note that Wootton is in Gloucester.
I had a quick look at the 1851 Census and a James BULLOCK, aged 36, is resident at 2 Grove Terrace, Paddington, Marylebone, a Fishmonger b. Gloucester with his wife Sarah, aged 33, b. Cheltenham and children Jesse b. Staffordshire, aged 11, Joseph b. Staffordshire, aged 9, George b. Cheltenham, aged 5 and James b. Bayswater, Middx, aged 1.
Please come back with a private message (pm) if there is anything further I can lookup for you.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline banora

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 17 August 12 11:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Victor,
Great effort I do thank you for taking the time to look up my request.   The l1851 Census you looked at  stating James Bullock resident at 2 Grove Terrace, Paddington looks like my James as I did have an address  which did mention he lived at 2 Grove terrace, also the children you mention were the names of his first 3 children that I know of.
Once again many thanks,
Barb
Buckingham, bliss,  Beatty (Beattie or Beaty), Bullock,
 Dunnett,  Jones, , Keane, Kite (Kyte), Nagle, Sendey, Reid,

Offline am8alika

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 06 July 14 14:48 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

Glad to have come across James Bullock's descendants.
I have some information for you:
James was the witness for the will of one Charles Crawford Parks, an officer of the H.E.I.C in 1854.
I know this because I have a copy of the will with me. This is very important for me because, Charles was the husband of Fanny Parks, a writer of historic importance in India and am working towards building a mini museum for her here in India, the very house where she had stayed with her husband.
Please can you connect with me? Many, many thanks in advance.