Author Topic: jane finn birth c1836  (Read 4758 times)

Offline kitman64

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
jane finn birth c1836
« on: Monday 05 May 14 12:49 BST (UK) »
am looking for info and birth of jane finn born c 1836 tipperary also birth/marraige of parents. her parents were mathias finn and alice lochlan. they emigrated/deported to australia sometime after her birth. she married a christian ryle 1850s and second marraige to my 3x g/grandfathers brother william glover 1885 in queensland aus. any help on this one will be appreceiated.

kitman

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: jane finn birth c1836
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 May 14 15:28 BST (UK) »
Jane Finn Assisted Immigration Record. Arrival Brisbane 16th December 1854 Age 18. Ship General Hewitt. Origin Co Tipperary. Ship Manifest gives her parents names that you mention but states her mother Alice is dead & father Matthew is in America.Lot of info online let me know if you need further info :)
Marriage for Jane Finn Queensland 1855 to Christian Ryle.
am looking for info and birth of jane finn born c 1836 tipperary also birth/marraige of parents. her parents were mathias finn and alice lochlan. they emigrated/deported to australia sometime after her birth. she married a christian ryle 1850s and second marraige to my 3x g/grandfathers brother william glover 1885 in queensland aus. any help on this one will be appreceiated.

kitman

Offline kitman64

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 May 14 15:56 BST (UK) »
many thanks ballydw for that, i have marraige details for jane and marraige to christian ryle. also marraige to william glover 1885, and siblings to both. any other info will be welcome. one bit of a mystery is she seems to have left christian ryle some ten years before his death 1885 and had 4 children by william between 1874 and 1881. i have her death as april 1919 in sydney again thanks for any info on her that is available.

kitman

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 May 14 16:36 BST (UK) »
kitman64 did you know Jane had a brother Jeremiah b 1841 same parents died Queensland 5th June 1915. Married Margaret Kelly  b. borrisokane tipperary. Marriage 1865 queensland.When Jeremiah died he had been in Australia 57 yrs.
Jane Ryle married William Glover (b. Gloucester UK age 50 parents William Glover & Harriet Ballinger) Marriage Church St Mark Warwick Aus 19th May 1885 Church of England. William was a carpenter & bachelor Jane age 43 a widow.Jane died 30th April 1919 :)

Offline kitman64

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 May 14 18:41 BST (UK) »
lovely that, info on jerimiah, could they have sailed on the same ship or did he follow jane he would have been 14 when jane left tipperary.

kitman

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 May 14 20:50 BST (UK) »
lovely that, info on jerimiah, could they have sailed on the same ship or did he follow jane he would have been 14 when jane left tipperary.

kitman
Hi they didnt sail together as Jeremiah went c. 1858 :)

Offline kitman64

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 05 May 14 22:17 BST (UK) »
thanks should have looked at the dates.

kitman

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 05 May 14 22:37 BST (UK) »
This may answer your query. Notice that appeared Darling  Downs Gazette & General Advertiser 2nd April 1867
Caution to Storekeepers & The Public Generally
My wife Jane Ryle having left her home with one William Glover without the slightest provocation from me. I hereby caution shopkeepers & the public generally that I will not be responsible in any way after this date for debts she may contract in my name. Signed Christian Ryley March 30th 1867
Christian Ryle had a colourful life he was married in UK & had 8 children. He was convicted & sentenced to transportation to Australia 7 yrs for larcency, 1848. Wife & children followed in 1852 some of the children recorded in workhouses in uk prior to immigrating. 1st wife died in 1855 year he married Jane. He was born in germany as was his 1st wife Catherine Packman. :)

Offline kitman64

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 15:05 BST (UK) »
wonderfull that info ballydw, at least they married after death of christian ryle.

kitman