Author Topic: William Jones-c 1879 Loch "Wynnoch" Ayrshire.  (Read 2903 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
William Jones-c 1879 Loch "Wynnoch" Ayrshire.
« on: Tuesday 18 November 14 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Trying to help someone on another Forum,looking for info about her Great-Grandfather.He was a William Jones apparently born in Loch Wynnoch Ayrshire in c 1879.Its of interest to me as he apparently was a resident of Cefn Mawr Denbighshire when he enlisted for service in the RWF.He is buried at Estaples France where he died 26/09/1916.service number 28320.I can't seem to find him in the 1911 Census for Denbighshire?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Jones-c 1879 Loch "Wynnoch" Ayrshire.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 12:10 GMT (UK) »
An update on this.He was the son of a William Jones and a Margaret Campbell and married a Mary Ann Edwards at Rhosymedre Denbighshire in 1907.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 12:18 GMT (UK) »
As we are not allowed to do look ups on the 1911 census try looking under the daughters name Nellie Jones b 1908 district Ruabon Denbighshire that might be him

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Excellent Rosie,I'll take a look!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 14:38 GMT (UK) »
I think its best if we have a review of all the available info on this William Jones as it may or may not be a case of "all that glitters"!

Now whilst I obviously am not aware of the places concerned in Ayrshire,given what I know of possible parents,I am looking very strongly at a William Jones given as 9 months old in the 1881 Census and born in Riccarton Ayrshire the son of a William and Margaret Jones.Its worth pointing out for later that following the William and Margaret Jones family's entries this William appears still to be at home in the 1901 Census.

As earlier the William Jones married a Mary Ann Edwards at Rhosymedre Denbighshire in 1907.I have from my contact found out that this Mary Ann Edwards was the daughter of a Thomas Edwards and an Ellen Matthews who it appears married at Wrexham Denbighshire in 1877.Now the 1901 Census for this Thomas and Ellen Edwards in Chirk Denbighshire-RG13/2546/183/30,shows Mary A given as born in c 1881 amd perhaps an interesting William Jones in their household given as born in Malpas in c 1880.

Now it appears that Rosie pointed me in the direction of the correct 1911 entry for it appears my contact's ancestor is a Jessie Jones born in Cefn Mawr Denbighshire in 1910.

It has to be said though that the William Jones married to Mary in 1911 is given as born in Malpas again!Though my contact was not aware of the sister to the William Jones in Ayrshire in 1881 given as born in c 1869 Jessie,when I put it to her as an explanation for the name?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 16:30 GMT (UK) »
William, if your contact now has Malpas as a birth place in 1911 and also a possible William Jones in the Edwards' household also showing a Malpas (being a village in Cheshire, England) birth place in 1901 (if I have understood your notes and comments correctly), I am at a loss as to where Ayrshire comes in here.... :-\

Has your contact got the marriage reg for William Jones and Mary Ann Edwards from 1907?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 16:38 GMT (UK) »
OK...see from the other site that the reference to his birth place is coming likely from his service records/enlistment papers: Birthplace recorded as Loch Wynnoch

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 17:39 GMT (UK) »
thanks Monica I don't know whether that relates to the 1881 entry I gave?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi William.
Riccarton (which is on the outskirts of Kilmarnock) and Lochwinnoch are both in Ayrshire but are not close to each other not that close to each other. Riccarton is in Ayrshire , Lochwinnoch is in Renfrewshire.
Have you found a birth on Scotlands People for William?

Looby :)