Author Topic: Anyone know when ERY Parish Registers are coming to Find My Past?  (Read 5077 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know when ERY Parish Registers are coming to Find My Past?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 18:08 BST (UK) »
Kev.

I assume you know that there are some Doncaster baptisms and burials on Find My Past already - but just transcriptions?

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Ibbo2000

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 23:04 BST (UK) »
Jill

Thanks, think I did have a look when I had my Findmypast subscription, don't think they had the areas I am interested in yet - although I could be wrong and just missed them. If/when the records become available on Findmypast I may have to renew my subscription (hopefully they will have sorted out the problems from the resent upgrade).

Cheers
Kev.
Ibbertson
Knight
Burton Turner
Greensides
Ketley

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 August 14 14:30 BST (UK) »
Well, no East and North Riding of Yorkshire parish registers appeared in Find My Past's much heralded 100!

I've tried googling again but can find nothing after it was launched in Feb/Mar 2013 so am beginning to wonder if the whole project has gone belly up! You'd expect to find some kind of progress report but I can find nothing.

Hope I'm wrong.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline plk74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 April 15 09:27 BST (UK) »
I emailed FindMyPast in November 2014 after finding so few records in North/East Yorks on the site.  Part of the reply I have pasted here:

"We have released all of the records that we have at the moment and if/when there are more to be released we will issue a newsletter."

I took exception to the word "if", seems like all these announcements are a con.  They then gave a stock reply and posted a link to the Yorkshire records that ARE available, info I asked for - I paste it here:

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/yorkshire-bishops-transcripts---parish-list

Now April 2015 and nothing new has been added as far as I'm aware.

Offline venelow

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 April 15 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hi plk74 and other Roots Chatters

I have posted these concerns on another part of Roots Chat but I am repeating them as this board gets higher traffic.

I got the same list when I contacted them in January. They told me the Borthwick Bishop's Transcripts were a "work in progress". If you go through the list, I think it is about 318 parishes for Baptisms and Burials and 233 for marriages. Not all parishes are complete. It is best to check for missing BT and Parish years on the GenUKI parish pages to work out if the years don't exist at all or if they do exist but they are not yet on FindMyPast.

I work with these records nearly every day (for a one name study) and have found that some parishes have been lumped in with others. There are Foston on the Wolds ERY records that have been recorded as Foston NRY because the heading at the top of the BT return just says Foston.

FindMyPast will not entertain a transcription error report unless the record differs from what has been transcribed. Only a few records actually state "Foston in the East Riding of Yorkshire". I know the records I have looked at are Foston ERY because I already have information from the Parish records.

Harpham has been indexed under Burton Agnes. Burton Agnes is actually mentioned on some of the records. e.g "Harpham in the Parish of Burton Agnes" I think there must have been a period when the two parishes were run as one. Or the same incumbent held both Parishes.

Some Warter records are found under Thorpe Bassett and some burials indexed for Kilnwick Percy are actually for Kirby Underdale.

I make sure I read the whole page of record to ascertain which parish they are from. Most of the extraction records on the LDS site are from the BTs so I sometimes check there to confirm the Parish. All this is in addition to many transcription errors. I seem to be sending corrections nearly every day.

I don't know who did the transcriptions, but they don't seem to have been doubled checked by anyone with genealogical experience. I hate to think what chaos this is causing as less experienced researchers construct their family trees.
Has anyone else noted these types of problems?
Venelow

Offline plk74

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 10 April 15 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Venelow

My experience with FindMyPast is much less than with Ancestry but I have to agree about the transcription errors.  I heard a rumour that Ancestry transcriptions are done in India, it would certainly explain some of the glaring errors in transcriptions.
I worked with a Mormon colleague who told me their transcripts are double checked, however I have found a couple of errors there also, but it's only about 1% of records I have looked at, which isn't bad going.

Plk74

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 11 April 15 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Records coming online at this present time oncer youfind a date you can go back and forward in the actual Parish Records, bit of a time consuming job but it s possible. just try putting in a Baptism +or- 20 or 40yrs and look for one around the year which you are looking for.
gogogadgetlegs
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 11 April 15 10:11 BST (UK) »
Very helpful...Thanks for that.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 April 15 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,
Just remember to click the box "Browse Categories" and check the required box,
Phil
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig