Author Topic: Richard KEEN, Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire  (Read 2425 times)

Offline sandmark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Richard KEEN, Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire
« on: Saturday 03 January 04 05:13 GMT (UK) »
Researching Keen of Stow on the wold, Cubbington & Measham. 

Trying to prove a relationship between Richard and Mary Keen of Stow on the Wold

Richard born about 1655 and Mary 1658

SON John Keen, baptised on the 30th. July 1693 in Stow on the Wold, Gloucester. 

John keen  and Elizabeth Haynes
John born on the 30th July 1693, married Elizabeth  Haynes -Haines on the 30th april 1732 in Oddington, Stow on the Wold, Gloucester

SON,  George, born on the 26th December 1747, moved to Cubbington, Warwickshire.

George and Alice Keen
George, married Alice Hinde  around the 1780s

SON,  William, baptised in Cubbington, Warwickshire on the 28th. July 1790,

William Keen & Mary Armstead Of Measham, Derbyshire

William married Mary Armstead, daughter of  Francis  And Elizabeth Armstead .
In, Measham, Derbyshire on the 26th.December 1811,

Offline jck71

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RICHARD KEEN, STOW ON THE WOLD, GLOUCESTERSHIRE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 August 08 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
I just Googled, and eventually came across your message.
This might be of interest, because my family originate in Stow on the Wold. And my name is Keen!

I'm afraid I can't shed any great light on anything at the moment, although some names may come to me. They've been spoken about, but I just can't recall them.

I can tell you that my father is Robert Keen, born 1950, and his parents were Jack and Louise, who would have been born somewhere around 1915 ish... but that's purely a guess.

I know my grand father (that's Jack) had a brother, but I'm sorry I just can't place his name. I'll try to find some more info and post back.

Me... I'm Jon Keen, born 1971. Jack moved to Birmingham, though I don't know whether this was pre-marriage or after.

Offline Shuntel

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 August 15 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, don't know if you'll read this or not but, Richard keen was married to Mary. Richard was b-1655 d-1693. Mary was b-1658 d-1693. They had four children, Elizabeth keen b-1691 d-unknown. Mary keen b1686 d-unknown. Samuel keen b1680 d-1767. John keen b-1693 d-1763. I am descended from Samuel keen. Hope that helps.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 August 15 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hi all, Welcome to RootsChat.
A Gerald Jack KEEN was born 1916 in East Dean, Westbury on Severn 6a 484 Sep Qtr, mother nee LUSTY
DOB fits. Any help?
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 August 15 17:35 BST (UK) »
I've also found the following marriage which fits in with Gerald Jack KEEN's 1916 birth:-
Thomas Ivin KEEN m. Ethel Matilda LUSTY at the Register Office 1913 Westbury on Severn 6a 548 Jun Qtr
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway