Author Topic: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?  (Read 140284 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he
« Reply #81 on: Friday 04 November 05 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi, all..
  Crikey, I wish I was in ottawa!!!!...Great year of the veteran posting Just found this thread as I poke in here once in a while to read the great entries.
  I am wondering if anyone has contacted newspapers in Canada? If not
I will do it...please notify me!  Tried to clean up the boy's image, but still needs work.

Here's a question...did they often stand in any order according to their flight duties?....would help if that was so....Manmac! I know that you can find this out! 

My vote is that he looks much like the fellow on the right...brow...cheekbones...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
  • All information is appreciated
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #82 on: Friday 04 November 05 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi JJ

I was just reading your site as you had some links just as you posted on mine!  I had contacted a few newspapers last Sunday but haven't heard anything.  Janice posted a few links and TV stations..I emailed them all..but I've not heard anything,

Caroline
Anges Weild - Annan - married William Blenkinsop - Annan
Jane Scott, Roxborough who married William Hope (children, Wilhelmina Amelia, Horatio Nelson Trafalga Hope!) 
James Blenkinsop (born Dumfries)
James Blenkinsop (born Lancashire)
Wilhelmina Blenkisop (born Surrey) married Arthur Price (Wales)
Henry Reginald Price (Brecon, South Wales)
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he
« Reply #83 on: Friday 04 November 05 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I posted at the same time as you did...so my links went south....

Not sure if this site was posted....gives the crew's list of duties...
http://www.gpswalker.cwc.net/wellington.htm

O.K....the trouble with newspapers is that they only print what they consider newsworthy....Have recently had quite a time getting the media to post something for me...hard to spark interest, so unless someone is a descendant of a war vet.... and of course they have to have an interest in the whole thing to begin with...so here I go...  I will do my best!   

Cyber hugs for all the work you have all done to honour these servicemen...
J.J.

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #84 on: Friday 04 November 05 21:51 GMT (UK) »
GS Walker was the first site I found...where I had the names of the other crew.  I have emailed him but no reply.  :(
Jane Scott, Roxborough who married William Hope (children, Wilhelmina Amelia, Horatio Nelson Trafalga Hope!) 
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Friday 04 November 05 22:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroline,

The mayor of Bathurst, N.B. just wrote me back, with regards to the photos.

He has been in touch with the family of J.P. Ernest Burke, who identified his brother in the group photo. He believes the single photo is that of the pilot, W.J. Allison. Unfortunately, he does not have contact details for anyone in the Allison family.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Friday 04 November 05 23:20 GMT (UK) »
I am in the position as most of you, just about exhausted all ideas on the internet but still waiting for replies from several scources.
         It may be an idea to get a good quality restoration of both photo's in Canada. if Caroline could rescan them at 300dpi. of course such files would be too big to post on here but could be sent using this site recomended by deadants a while ago
http://photos.yousendit.com/
          After restoration a copy (either digital or hard copy) would need to be sent to Canada.
                                               Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Friday 04 November 05 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I've found a record of Allison, cant post it here yet as the picture is too big...will work on it...but here is the link

http://www.education.mcgill.ca/ww2fields/mcgill/wrc/allison-wj.jpg
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Friday 04 November 05 23:46 GMT (UK) »
another try
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Friday 04 November 05 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Found a picture of Allison!

Evans (Coelbren, Wales)