Author Topic: Belfast Catholic Records  (Read 10306 times)

Offline Walt-Irish-NJ-USA

• RIP 1939-2014
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Belfast Catholic Records
« on: Sunday 04 January 04 01:06 GMT (UK) »
     Need correct address (mail,fax or email) and $ fee to obtainpre-1850 baptism and marriage records at St. Patrick Catholic Church/Parish, Belfast ?
McKenzie - Sullivan - O'Neil - Sheehan - Madden - Sullivan - McIntire - McKenna - Kelleher - McCarthy - McLeod - Moreland - Evans - Kenny - Gordon via * Scotland * Ireland - Belfast - Cork - Kerry - Tyrone * America - USA - Massachusetts - Boston - Somerville - Woburn

Offline Donni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Belfast Catholic Records
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 February 04 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Try emailing the Ulster Historical Foundation based in Belfast, enquiry[at]uhf.org.uk they should be able to give you the address of the Church

• RIP 1939-2014
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Belfast Catholic Records
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 September 04 00:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony ,

Thanks for the Rootschat response.  Hope these
few words find things going well.  Could you be so kind
as to make a verbal inquiry to see if Daniel McKenzie
(b.c.1810), Eliz. (b. June 1847) & John's (b. Aug. 1848)
baptismal records are available at St. Patrick's Catholic
Church in Belfast or diocese archive etc.  Daniel m.
Margaret Miller c. 1840-46.  Any other children are not
known.  If you indicate the status to me via email or
Rootschat etc., I will then make the necessary
arrangements and payment to obtain the same.

Thanks again ,  WaltNJ-USA

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

McKenzie - Sullivan - O'Neil - Sheehan - Madden - Sullivan - McIntire - McKenna - Kelleher - McCarthy - McLeod - Moreland - Evans - Kenny - Gordon via * Scotland * Ireland - Belfast - Cork - Kerry - Tyrone * America - USA - Massachusetts - Boston - Somerville - Woburn

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 September 04 10:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

For clarification, the Diocese is Down and Patrick.

This page shows where the rest of the records are held
http://scripts.ireland.com/ancestor/fuses/rcparishmaps/index.cfm?fuseaction=showlikerecords&citycounty=Belfast&parish=Belfast

You're looking for the Ulster history Foundation (Commissioned research only) or the Public Records Office of Northern Ireland or the National Library in Dublin if they are not held in the church itself.

The record start 1798 but there's a gap 1811 to 1814.

regards

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

• RIP 1939-2014
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 September 04 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony ,
                     That's great news, can't ask for more that that.  Thanks very much for your help, time & effort !    Walt-NJ-USA

• RIP 1939-2014
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 September 04 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony ,
     I just found a new lead for my paternal O'Neil ancestors. It involves the Shankill area of Belfast City 1810-50. I'm terribly confused by all the maps etc., it appears Shankill is no longer a viable area today.  Do you by chance know the Catholic Church(s) of the 1850's and today for this area. Here's hoping its a small area.  Thanks very much ,   Walt

• RIP 1939-2014
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 September 04 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony ,
      Thanks very much for all your help.  I really appreciate it.  Let's hope St.Mary's or UHF yields result.  I wonder if St.Pat's on Donegal St. is different from a St.Pat's in Shankill area of Belfast 1840's.  Or does Donegal St. have these records if they exist ?
                    Kind regards ,  Walt

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 01 October 04 20:31 BST (UK) »
 :( :( Hi Walt i was at the UHF today but still no luck going to St Mary's today.
I ask the man in the UHF was there a St Patrick's on the Shankill Rd he said that St Patrick's is in the Parish of the Shankill and not on the Shankill Rd.

What do you think about that Walt.
If i have no luck at St Mary's i will need to go to the PRO but i con't go for about 4 to 6 weeks is that okay.

Good luck

• RIP 1939-2014
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 02 October 04 19:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Anthony ,
     So good to hear from you. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate all you help.
     From family verbal handowns & skimpy records here and there ,in the 1840's they lived in Belfast City, Shankill civil parish.  Therefore, I though it was going to be easy with only one church.  I thought for sure, with the m. & 2 b. were from 1846-48, it would be easy ?  My understading is that Shankill is not a very viable area today but it was in the 1840's.  What UHF told you makes a lot of sense to me. Is it known whether the old records of St.Pat's, Shankill are at St.Pat's Donegal St ?
                                                                  Kind regards , Walt