Author Topic: Ancestors from Ireland to uk?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline tooly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ancestors from Ireland to uk?
« on: Thursday 02 September 04 20:46 BST (UK) »
Where do I search for relatives who where born in Ireland then moved to Scotland and UK.  Is there a ships list?  Much help needed.

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors from Ireland to uk?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 September 04 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Tooly,

Have you any idea where the were born in Ireland and when they left for Scotland and the Uk ?

By using different sources we may be able to narrow things down a little.

Perhaps if you can tell us some more about this family we may be able to find some information for you.

RootsChat ;)
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline tooly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 04 10:18 BST (UK) »
Family name HEGGIE.  James Heggie born Ireland 1857(don't know where).  Moved to Greenock Scotland, married to Margaret Jane Moss 1875.  Father Robert Heggie married Margeret.  Robert Heggie was a farmer.  Don't know when or where they came from. 

Hope you can help

Offline janham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 September 04 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Tooly and RootsChat

I have a similar problem, my Grandfather William Hamilton left Waterford, Ireland for Liverpool, it would have been in the period 1914-1930.  I have never been able to find out any details of him as a passenger.  There seems to be loads of lists for passengers heading for America but I have not seen any for passengers from Ireland to Liverpool.  Hope RootsChat can help out.

Jan
Otho Hamilton, John Hamilton, George Hamilton, William Hamilton, from Waterford.
Cullinane and Fitz-henry from Waterford
Oxland from Waterford
The Olivestob Hamiltons from Edinburgh.

Cook from Stroud, Painswick, Glos.
Hudson from Huddersfield, Liverpool
Spiers from Evesham and Liverpool
Jinks from Evesham and Liverpool

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 September 04 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The problem is that journeys from Ireland to England,  Scotland or Wales are considered internal to GB so do not cause the paperwork.  Ireland to Liverpool ships lists do not seem to turn up.

Sorry

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.