Author Topic: Birtwistle Family Lancashire Huncoat Hall  (Read 12754 times)

Offline angi0

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Birtwistle Family Lancashire Huncoat Hall
« on: Sunday 04 December 05 05:37 GMT (UK) »
I am a decendent of The Lancashire Birtwistle Family on my mothers side and also the lancshire Riley's and Howarth's on my fathers side would love to heear from anyone searching these names to see if we have a link...I have lots of information on the Birtwistles and was also lucky enough to get a copy of the book The Birtwistle family 1200 to 1850 ad this contains family trees of various lines of the birtwistle family and lots of information about Huncoat Hall.  The Book also splits the families into padiham whalley blackburn great harwood accrington and lots of other area's.... please get in touch if you think we may have a link or be related

angie

26th Gt Grandaughter of Ralph De Bridtwisell
Riley- Lancashire Blackburn
Regan
Birtwistle - Lancashire back to 1160
Kilkenny - County May0
Nuttall -Lancashire
Smethurst Lancashire
Sparnon- Cornwall and Dalton in Furness
Whiteside dalton in furness
crossley lancashire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline liz35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birtwistle Family Lancashire Huncoat Hall
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 February 06 21:00 GMT (UK) »
hi angie
i have a walter birtwistle b.1918 nottingham whos parents are william birtwistle b.1868 haslingden lancs.and mary jane wright nee drew and his parents were joseph birtwistle 1845 haslingden and betty laycock do u have any of these in your tree

regards liz
mccallum,sanderson,park,storie,storrie,little,boyle,
beardsmore,cottrell,

Offline angi0

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 February 06 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Liz

Just checked I haven'e got them on my tree but if he was from haslingden then im sure we will have a common ancestor as they all seemed to come from huncoat hall and spread out....

ANgie
Riley- Lancashire Blackburn
Regan
Birtwistle - Lancashire back to 1160
Kilkenny - County May0
Nuttall -Lancashire
Smethurst Lancashire
Sparnon- Cornwall and Dalton in Furness
Whiteside dalton in furness
crossley lancashire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Debp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I know you posted this quite a while back but i hope you are still contactable. i'm quite new at this game but I'm pretty sure we are remotely linked. I too am related to the Birtwistles on my mothers side. generaI am trying to put her family trees together. My grandfathers are Harold - Harry - William - James - William - James (b.1776) who I believe is the 22nd generation of Birtwistles out of Huncoat Hall. James became a farmer.

I would love to get a copy of the book you mentioned - do you have any details?

Hope to hear from you.

Kind wishes

Offline Stevecl1607

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 September 11 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi, I also trace my ancestry on my mother's side to Ralph de Bridtwissel through Dionysius Birtwistle (b1804) from Haslingden and also though Richard Birtwistle (b1822) from Mellor.
If you still visit this site, I would love to find out if you have more information that could help me join the 2 branches together.

Offline cathaldus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 September 11 19:31 BST (UK) »
This site seems to have regenerated itself and I do hope that Angio is still in circulation!  My wife's maternal family seems to come from the Howarth family in Goodshawe, Lancashire with George Howarth b. about 1720. His grandson Robert Howarth married a Mary Nuttall in Bury in 1793 and their granchild, Harriet Howarth b.1817 married a James Ogden, b. 1819,  in 1841.  Their grand daughter, Elizabeth Ann Ogden, b 1873, was my good lady's maternal grandmother.
Any link to this thread?

Bill

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 September 11 22:01 BST (UK) »
The book on the Birtwistles has recently been updated by L. Alan Birtwhistle who lives in America and he produced a cd. I contributed a family to it, although I'm not related to the Birtwistles. He did say that he planned to put all the information on Ancestry but I don't know if he has. He belongs to a site called arrodgen and maybe you could contact him though there. He has a lot of information, claytonbradley
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)

Offline chaoskay

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm fairly sure I'm related to this Birtwistle lineage.  We have a copy of this book too, Alan contacted my dad about 15 years ago and the copy was passed on, and we have our family tree link marked in there.  My dad is Joseph Birtwistle (same name as his father) from Barnoldswick, Lancs.  Is there any way we could get a copy of the updated family history?  You've mentioned a CD?  I'll see if I can have a look at Arrogden.  So strange to randomly find this while browsing for something else entirely.  Small world eh!

Offline clayton bradley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 February 14 10:42 GMT (UK) »
arrodgen is on Facebook now. I don't know if there are any Yahoo pages left of the group, but Alan should be contactable through Ancestry. Otherwise, if you send me a private message I can pass your mesage on to Alan, claytonbradley
Broadley (Lancs all dates and Halifax bef 1654)