Author Topic: McMahon's of Killybracky and Dungannon 1850-1880's.  (Read 8035 times)

Offline jennyM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
McMahon's of Killybracky and Dungannon 1850-1880's.
« on: Friday 16 December 05 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
Any advice please looking for Eugene Owen McMahon of Killybracky,Dungannon,Tyrone who married Mary Hetherington and had child Felix Patrick McMahon 1877 Dungannon,Tyrone.
Want to know if there are any other siblings for Felix and info on Eugene & Mary re occupations parents etc.
What area of Tyrone does Dungannon/Killybracky come under please?
many thanks
Jenny  ;)
BOYLE Ireland(DON/Doe Point, Creeslough) 
COYLE  Ireland(DON/Derrynamansher)  
DAWSON (HAM/Ryde, Cowes ,Isle of Wight/1815-1915)    
MCDONNELL (Mallow,Cork1860-1940)

Offline wooger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McMahon's of Killybracky and Dungannon 1850-1880's.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 December 05 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Dungannon is easy to find in Tyrone. Its the town at the end of the M1 motorway about 35 miles west of Belfast in the south western  corner of Lough Neagh.
Killybrackey is a townland just about 1 mile from the town on the Coalisland Road.
I was brought up in that townland.

Glad to help.

will

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 December 05 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details
RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Offline jennyM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 January 06 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello to both Will & Audrey,
Thankyou both for your help,
to Will do I search under Townland Killybrackey or Townland Dungannon and what is the parish when searching for these areas please?

to Audrey, thanks for info on Felix's brother John were there anymore references on this family or the parents Owen & Mary McMahon marriage or death dates etc please?

Best wishes & happy New Year to you both.
 :D
Jenny

Offline bmcgahan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 January 06 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi there jenny, my name is Bernard McGahan, i live in killybrackey (you forgot an e) dungannon, county tyrone. My mother was McMahon. I live beside my mothers home house, killybrackey house. My mothers parents were gertrude McMahon (originally Loughran) and John Joseph McMahon, both deceased. I am only 22 but i have heard these names you talk about mentioned. I think a far out relative of mine peter mcmahon once created a family tree, i am not sure if we have a copy. but i will check. Killybrackey house is also famous for a poet who lived there, again im not sure of the details. i was wondering if you could tell me who you are and why the interest. Killybrackey is the townland, our road is called coalpit road as it used to have coalpits. our parish is dungannon. killybrackey is in a small place called edendork about a mile and a half from dungannon and coalisland.

Bernard

Offline jennyM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 January 06 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bernard,
nice to speak to you.
My name is Jenny McDonnell, my husband's mother is Eibhlin MacMahon(maiden name) she is the daughter of Charles MacMahon, who is the son of Felix Patrick MacMahon, son of Owen MacMahon.
Felix was born in Dungannon and I understand that Owen & Mary MacMahon lived in Killybrackey,Dungannon.
I have been doing my own family history for about 10 years on and off and have begun to make a start on my husbands side.
Owen MacMahon & Mary Heatherington is as far as I have got back and would love to know some more.
Is the Peter you mentioned also known as Peadar if so my husbands Aunty Maire also mentioned that a Peadar had done some family research but she didn't have a copy.
Would love it if you could help me out.
Best wishes
Jenny

Offline jennyM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 January 06 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bernard,
where are you......
I'm really keen to speak to you.
Best wishes
Jenny

Offline jennyM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 March 06 21:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bernard,
please get in touch again.
Jenny

Offline maria Reid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 October 18 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hi There, I was researching my paternal grandparents when I came upon your post. My Grandfather was John McMahon, his father was Hugh McMahon and Hugh's father was John McMahon and mother Susan Sanaghan. John and Susan had what I initially thought was 8 children. I have either birth or baptism records for each one. They are Jane McMahon born 1860 in Dungarvan Dungannon, Hugh McMahon (my Gt Grandfather) born 1862 in Rossmore Dungannon, John McMahon born 1865 in Dungannon. Susan McMahon born 1867 Dungarvan Dungannon. Sara Ann McMahon born 1870 in Killybrackey Dungannon. Charles born 1873 in Killbrackey Dungannon. Now this is the strange part: I have a birth record for Owen McMahon born 1877 in Killybrackey Dungannon. (DOB 20 June 1877) and another birth record for Eugene McMahon born in 1877 in Dungarvin. (DOB 4 June 1877.) same parents. When I saw your post I thought that Owen and Eugene seem to be one of the same. But one says Dungarvin and one says Killybrackey. Looks like we are related.