Author Topic: Elizabeth Winter born 1825  (Read 2788 times)

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Winter born 1825
« on: Saturday 17 December 05 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Most of my family history is from the upper dales area of North Yorkshire around Aysgarth and Bainbridge but I now find that one of my ancestors maried a woman from Orton, Westmorland.
Can anyone give any information on Elizabeth Winter born 1825 at Orton, who Married Robert Wilson from High Gill Aysgarth.The marriage would be about 1854 + or - a bit ( first child born 1855) and would probably be in the Orton area.
I need to find a record of that marriage to tie things together.
I think that Elizabeth was the daughter of John Winter and Ann ?. John Winter's parents may well have been Thomas Winter and Bridget Nicholson.
I know that when married, Elizabeth and Robert Wilson went on to farm at High Gill Aysgarth and that Elizabeth died March 1868 and is buried in Aysgarth churchyard.
Percival, Hird, Heseltine, Wilson,  Horn(e), Thwaite, Storey, Iveson, Metcalfe, Dinsdale and Sunter and the farms and families of Bishopdale.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Winter born 1825
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 December 05 16:36 GMT (UK) »
you might want to take a look at this ?

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details
RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

audrey

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Winter born 1825
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 05 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Audrey:
thanks, but thats not the one I'm looking for.
Wherever I look, I can not find a marriage of Robert Wilson born 1810 at High Gill Aysgarth to an Elizabeth Winter born 1825 at Orton Westmorland.
I have since found that on the 1851 census the Winter family of father John, wife Ann and daughter Elizabeth  + brothers and sisters were living at Kirkhaugh Northumberland but that only deepens the problem:
how did Robert from Aysgarth meet Elizabeth from Kirkhaugh , and where did their marriage take place?
It looks like another day at Northallerton Records Office is due !!
Percival, Hird, Heseltine, Wilson,  Horn(e), Thwaite, Storey, Iveson, Metcalfe, Dinsdale and Sunter and the farms and families of Bishopdale.