Author Topic: sisters Dorothy and Phyllis Bone (Luton)  (Read 946 times)

Offline val54

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
sisters Dorothy and Phyllis Bone (Luton)
« on: Monday 02 January 06 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Many hours of searching have not revealed the whereabouts of two sisters in my tree.

Dorothy Bone was born June quarter 1912
Phyllis Bone was born Sep quarter 1914

Both births registered in Luton. Parents were James Seabrook Bone and Emily Sarah Bone (nee Smith).

Did they marry? Did they die? Any suggestions or help as to where to go forwards would be gratefully received.

Here's hoping,
Val54

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: sisters Dorothy and Phyllis Bone (Luton)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val

I don't know whether you have only searched the free websites but if so - these are by no means complete - particularly for the years you need

Do you have any firm evidence that they lived into adulthood?

If they married, it would probably have been in the 1930's so the only way is to trawl through all the marriages on the GRO index from 1930 onwards. 

If they died in infancy - you would need to trawl the GRO death index from 1912/1914 onwards. 

If you live in the UK, you can search the full GRO indexes for free at your local main reference library.  A copy of the GRO index  is also available at each LDS family history centre within the UK and all other countries.

The full GRO index is also online and can be searched for a small fee at www.1837online.com
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline cathymcc

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Sam & Hilda Worker
    • View Profile
Re: sisters Dorothy and Phyllis Bone (Luton)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 January 06 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Val

Have you tried

http://www.missing-you.net/

Might be worth a letter to the local paper in Luton too?
Bedfordshire: Worker [Flitton]; Ames [Kempston]; Manton [Kempston]; Morris [?]; Valentine [Kempston]; Two & Osborn [Cranfield]

Herfordshire and West London: Brown [Kent in early 19th C]; Blackwell.
McCarthy [Clonakilty, County Cork - searching for needles in the haystack!] and LOSTY [Dublin]