Author Topic: Levi James born 14.3.1849, Llanryan, Pembs  (Read 2418 times)

Offline loljay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Levi James born 14.3.1849, Llanryan, Pembs
« on: Friday 06 January 06 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone tracing this man?
If yes, I have his birth cert and some census reocrds that I am willing to send through to anyone interested, I thought that this was my gg grandfather but I had been barking up the wrong tree(this happens a lot!!!!) :D
So, rather than the info go to waste if anyone would like it, please let me know.
Laura
 :)
Evans in Merionethshire, Glamorgan, James in Pembs & Glamorgan, David and Collins in Glamorgan

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Levi James born 14.3.1849, Llanryan, Pembs
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 February 06 19:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm at a loss with my James family!

My Gx3 Grandfather was Lewis James born c1828- father Griffith James born c1777. Family apparently originated from Llanfiar Nant Y Gof but I'm finding connections all over Pembroke.

This doesn't surprise me as Griffith James married twice and had (at least) two sets of children over a 48 year period!

James, Lewis, Griffith, Levi and Titus are my "James" family names so I'm leaving no stone unturned - just in case!
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline loljay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nigel,
The cert I have for this Levi shows his parents as James James and Mary James formely Lad.
I'd be happy to send this to you if you want so you could possibly cross reference.
The Levi James I am tracing is the son of William James and Mary.
He was one of 10 children
He married twice-both Elizabeth's and had 11 children. This Levi moved from Pembroke to Aberdare around 1865 and later was a publican in the Prince of Wales in Aberdare.
Does any of this sound familiar?????
Let me know. Cheers
Laura
Evans in Merionethshire, Glamorgan, James in Pembs & Glamorgan, David and Collins in Glamorgan

Offline NigelG

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 February 06 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Hmmm - not sure but my Lewis James did move to Merthyr (about 6 miles from Aberdare) and his daughter did run a pub in later life. Lewis also had 2 sons (one, a twin died at birth) called James??

If you could PM me with the details of the birth cert that may help

Cheers  :)
Davies, Edwards, Evans, Griffiths, Hughes, James, Jones, Morgan, Nicholas, Powell, Prytherch, Rees, Williams in Glamorgan, Brecon, PEM, CMN & MGY

Biddle, Budd, Clark/e, Davis/Davies, Elliott, Emery, Harper, Harris, Lloyd, Parsons, Phillips, Pitt, Reed/Reid/Read/Rhead, Rogers, Scandrett, Smith, Tyler & Waldron in Staffs, Worcs, Hef, Cheshire, Shrops., Middlesex & Surrey.

Cooghan/Coogan/Cogan - Castleblaney, Co Monaghan

Census Information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk