Author Topic: PIPER Children in Sudbury  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
PIPER Children in Sudbury
« on: Wednesday 11 January 06 10:49 GMT (UK) »
John Piper b 1768 married an Elizabeth ? at St Gregory Sudbury 1802. I know that one child was George and I wondered if anyone could look up registers to see if there were any more.
I would also be interested to find the parentage of John and Elizabeths maiden name and parents.

Thank you

Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: PIPER Children in Sudbury
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ringrose

If no-one can help with this, it might be worth contacting the volunteer who offers lookups from the Sudbury St Gregory registers at the Suffolk Surname List.

http://www.suffolk-surnames-list.co.uk/

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Cherrytrees

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 21:29 GMT (UK) »
John Piper b 1768 married an Elizabeth ? at St Gregory Sudbury 1802. I know that one child was George and I wondered if anyone could look up registers to see if there were any more.
I would also be interested to find the parentage of John and Elizabeths maiden name and parents.

Thank you

Ringrose

Offline Cherrytrees

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!
I am new to Rootschat so I do not know if my reply to your query of yesterday was sent or not. However, if not I.ll repeat - I suggest that if you haven't seen it, you look at WWW.obliquity.com/family/parish/sudbury - there a site for St Gregory's and another for All Saints; from. this you will see that a John Piper married an Elizabeth Root in 1802. However, there was a George Piper, parents John and Elizabeth  born 1788(?), and a Mary Piper,same parents, born1793 - not impossible as marriages after children was not unusual. Circa 1773 there was a John Piper parents Thomas and Susanna (who had a lot of children quite a few who died early).
This John Piper might be my gggggfather but I'm not sure; my gggfather was "James, illegitimate son of Hannah Piper of Gregory St", born 21/3/1825 - in 1841 census both are shown as living with a John Piper aged c70 - Hannah is shown as aged 37. I have not traced her Birth/Baptism as yet - this would seem to around 1804, with John Piper (? father) dob around 1771. Any help in establishing link would be appreciated
Cheers Ron Piper (Cherrytrees)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 March 06 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have used this site and have all the Pipers organised in families. Although the info is there I cannot be sure until I get proof of John Pipers parentage at the record office. Elizabeth Root died in 1810 and  another marriage for John Piper to a Hannah Rogers comes a bit later. It is possible that my John married twice.-if it is the same John. This info only came to light last week when someone found it at the Record Office.I do not know if they had any children. If they did this may be where a link between the Pipers may be found.

Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Laurie1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 February 15 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any info on Pipers in Haverhill or Withersfield? Interesting you have a ROOT name mentioned as I have a Mark Piper married to an Ann ROOT
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.