Author Topic: David Rennie marriage in Kimberley COMPLETED  (Read 3674 times)

Offline El

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David Rennie marriage in Kimberley COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 03 January 06 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Izabel

Can't remember if I already have sent this to you sorry if I have. I'm sure you must be unindated with requests, but I'm trying to fill in nine years I’m trying to find out when my grandfather David Rennie married in Kimberley Sept 2nd 1904 to my grandmother Margaret Stocks left Kimberley and returned to Scotland. My uncle was born in South Africa 1905 but my grandmother came home to Fife to have my father who was born December 15th 1906. David Rennie was still in Kimberley as a diamond miner then, as this information is on my fathers birth certificate. The only next bit of information I have found is that he died in Leuchers Fife Scotland in 1915. The Scottish census only covers to 1901, so I have hit a brick wall, perhaps you can point me in the right direction as to where I can find when he and/or she left Kimberley. I already had emailed someone about this but they emailed back and said they couldn't even find a record of a marriage, but this info is on my fathers birth cert  Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Eleanor
Auchtermuchty, Orwell, Kettle, Stocks, Rennie, Muckarsy, Ballingall, Birrel

Offline izabel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: I live in SA and will try to help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 January 06 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Elanor, I will have to go to the archives and scratch around.  Please be patient but i will see if I can find anything for you.  Will see if I can find anyone in Kimberley who will help from their records.  Regards izabel

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: David Rennie marriage in Kimberley
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 January 06 05:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi el,
Try searching the Rootsweb archives for the South African mailing lists as some of their members have transcribed and are transcribing church records for Kimberley. Info is quite scarce at times!!
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline El

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Rennie marriage in Kimberley
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 January 06 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for that will try there as well
Eleanor
Auchtermuchty, Orwell, Kettle, Stocks, Rennie, Muckarsy, Ballingall, Birrel