Author Topic: LOUGHLIN - GALWAY  (Read 9973 times)

Offline 47813

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LOUGHLIN - GALWAY
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 17 September 06 02:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken

First i must apoligize for my poor expertise in family history. I'm a complete novice at this and i only ever use free info of websites as i'm so skint, lol
You know more about my family name then i do - how embarrassing!

I feel mean that your being very kind and genorous in sharing with me dates etc that i don't have but i have nothing to give in return.

Don't get me wrong - i still can't believe it and i'm sure with your expertise and my.... well luck? lol, we might get somewhere on Patrick and also who knows on the USA side of the family.

Sadly i was clinging to the hope that extra info was waiting to found on the MC of Patrick and Julia but i guess you Drew a blank?

I don't want to blabber on telling you things you already know lol

so i'll see if i can get anymore info - you keep asking and keep asking and maybe you might jog something lol

Sorry i can't be of anymore help

Jonathan
LOUGHLIN - Galway, Ireland/Heywood, Lancs
HOWARTH - Rochdale
IVES - Rochdale. Originally Thurlstone, WR Yorkshire
BRIDGENS - Rochdale via Stourbridge
JACKSON - Prescot
PENKETH - Prescot
CONNOLLY - Kilmain, Ireland/Heywood, Lancs
WILD - Rochdale via Wolverhampton
SANDERSON - Rochdale
KNIGHT - Rochdale via Holme, Huntingdonshire
BARROW - Marton,Blackpool
DAGGER - Blackpool
BAILEY - Rochdale/Rushton, Staffordshire & Oldham
SERGINSON - London/Wolverhampton/Leeds/Manchester
BRIGGS - Doncaster

Offline ken72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 September 06 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jonathon

No apology needed, everyone makes a start sometime, it doesn't seem that long since I first started out with my family. One thing I learnt is that any info is good. The stuff I passed on is what Peggy gave me to get me started. Your side of the family is all new to me. I have found that it helps to sometimes go sideways and fill in the gaps as someone may pick up on something and it makes the connection.

I try not to use the pay sites until I get a reasonably sound lead to follow, skint is usually the deciding factor here as well.

Ken
Russell, McGill, Fergusson, Rankin(e), Smith, Stewart, Moffat, Muir, Stevenson

Offline Kuzy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 July 16 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Jonathan, I am one of four great granddaughters of Patrick Loughlin, my grandma was Mary Slawson and my mother was Honora (known as Peggy Tucker) nee Slawson.

Ken who you have been in contact with is my cousin by marriage.  My name is Julia, I was named after my great grandmother, Patrick's wife.  I looked my mums name up on google today as it is the 8th anniversary of her death.

Very interesting to read some of the history of my family