Author Topic: fairfouls in fife  (Read 8315 times)

Offline scrumsrus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Mainly from both sides of Scottish Borders & Fife
    • View Profile
Re: fairfouls in fife
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 June 06 17:41 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks Kirsty
Direct surnames: Stuart, Lowes, Welsh/Welch, Purvis, Robertson, Scott, Halkerston, Middlemoss, Stothert, Brown, Arnot, Mather, Wilson, Kirkaldy, Hamilton, Geggie, Wood, Huntley, Parker, Pigas,  Hunter, Close, Douglas, Young, Robb, Hannah, Fraser, Brydon, Hill, Harrison, Paterson, Hall, Bell, McQuaker, Edgar, McKeand, Bruce, Cumming & variants of all the above and many other less direct relatives.

Offline gm27336

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 June 06 20:25 BST (UK) »
My ggrandfather George  BIRRELL, born at Balmblae, Falkland(?) was married to Maria LEITCH. Their marriage took place in Falkland, 1871. Their descendents later moved to Leslie and finally Markinch (Balbirnie).

Offline Billcot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 January 07 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello JDB307

I also have Elizabeth Fairfull (b.1713) married to William Blyth (b.1718) in Markinch on 1 July 1738.  Her parents were George Fairfull (b. abt. 1690) and Jean Miller (b. abt. 1690).  She had two sisters Margaret (b.1715) and Mary (b.1717) and a brother John (b.1728).  :D

I am not sure if we have been in touch as your name gives me no clue  :'(

Feel free to contact me at; * to discuss.

Regards, Bill
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline blmacarthur

• RootsChat Extra
  • A mixture of Irish, Eng, Scottish, and German.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 28 June 13 19:25 BST (UK) »
Bill, this is my line also.  DO you have any other information after George and Jean?

Hello JDB307

I also have Elizabeth Fairfull (b.1713) married to William Blyth (b.1718) in Markinch on 1 July 1738.  Her parents were George Fairfull (b. abt. 1690) and Jean Miller (b. abt. 1690).  She had two sisters Margaret (b.1715) and Mary (b.1717) and a brother John (b.1728).  :D

I am not sure if we have been in touch as your name gives me no clue  :'(

Feel free to contact me at; * to discuss.

Regards, Bill
(*)

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

Thank you!!

Bernie MacArthur

Offline PERKY2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, my Grandad was George Bunce Fairfoul and he grew up in Abernethy.    He married Violet Burkwood and they had three children Isabella, Janet and Sybil.    George and Violet had a shop.   His family were farriers, making gloves from rabbit fur.   In the centre of the Abernethy, Fife, they have an exhibition featuring the family.   Have some photos of that somewhere as well.   Syliva (a relation) works there and still lives, I think, in George and Violets house (or one of the brothers)    I have the full history of the family if you are interested.    My Brother-in-Law has all the information.       George was a fab Grandad.   He did end up in Marlow.     He still has family in Abernethy.    I don't have all the details to hand but can find out lots more if you are interested.   

Offline dandylion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 21:27 BST (UK) »
hi Perky, George was my grandad Peter's brother.We are cousins :) My dad is David, Peter's older son.
I saw George's obituary on line a few years ago and kept a copy of it.Have you managed to find any info on James Crawford who married Agnes Mcgraw? I have drawn a blank on them. Dad thinks there may be an Irish connection.The other stems I have got back to are,John fairfoul and Jean Walker,Peter Mcdiarmid and Margaret Ballingall, James Stobie and Elizabeth Melvill, George Bunch and Isabel Mckiddie, John Haggart, James Henderson and Margaret Guthrie. beyond them I only have speculation at the moment. Hope these confirm your findings, hope to hear from you again. Rowena.

Offline PERKY2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 May 15 09:20 BST (UK) »
If you send me your email address I will find the work that my Brother-in-Law completed on our family tree and see if we can help.    Mine is (*)

Lovely to hear from you Rowena.

Lorna