Author Topic: 1841 Census - Church Stoke - SMITH  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Hoarstone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1841 Census - Church Stoke - SMITH
« on: Thursday 09 February 06 22:09 GMT (UK) »
This is my first post !

I am looking for details of the SMITH family who I beleive lived in Todleth, Church Stoke, Montgomeryshire at the time of the 1841 Census.  They were Edward and Jane and children, George, Emma, Edward,Thomas, Lucy, Lewis, Robert and Alfred.

I appreciate your help

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census - Church Stoke - SMITH
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 06 10:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Welcome to RootsChat and Montgomeryshire  :).   As you may know the 1841 is not indexed so the more info you can give the better.   I hope your Smith family being large will be relatively easy to locate (may occupy the best part of a page).
I'll have a look in Church Stoke and get back to you in a few days.
Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 February 06 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Here I am again  :)

Here is your Smith family.................

HO107/1439/1, Parish of Church Stoke, Enumeration District 9, Township of Hurdley, page 1.
Address Todloth (sic) House.   All surnames Smith, all (apart from Jane) born in Montgomeryshire

Edward, 47, Farmer
Jane, 40
Geo. Bemand, 20
Emma, 12
Edward, 10
Thomas, 8
Lucy, 7
Robt. Powell, 4
Alfred, 3
Henry, 1 week
Lewis, 5

Geo Bemand Smith also occurred in the 1861 census where he was a farmer.

Cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Hoarstone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 February 06 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for your prompt and helpful post, particularly about George Bemand Smith in the 1861 census.

Regards,
Phil

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 February 06 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Let me know if you want more info from 1861.
Cheers Dave

Offline g0igm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 27 September 12 17:41 BST (UK) »
HI I AM A DIRECT DECENDANT OF EDWARD SMITH AND JANE BEAMOND. EDWARD IS MY SECOND GREAT GRAND FATHER
MY MOTHER WAS MARY GERTRUDE BARBARA SMITH HER FATHER WAS ALBERT HENRY  SMITH HIS FATHER WAS HENRY SMITH HE WAS A SON OF EDWARD AND JANE BEAMOND. MY NAME IS MICHAEL MANNING (*). I HAVE BEEN ABLE ABLE TO GO BACK ONE FURTHER GENERATION TO THOMAS SMITH AND HIS WIFE MARGARET SADLY I CANNOT FIND HER MAIDEN NAME PERHAPS WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER OUT. REGARDS MIKE MANNING.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline g0igm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 April 13 17:28 BST (UK) »
hi ref the smith family. they were at Todleth House and later they went to a farm called Fox farm nr Shrewsbury.