Author Topic: Looking for anyone researching the following surnames Arnold, Sabin, Goodwin  (Read 2999 times)

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
Looking for anyone researching the following surnames Arnold, Sabin, Goodwin
« on: Saturday 11 February 06 11:49 GMT (UK) »
I would like to hear from anyone who may of done research in the following familys.
Thomas Sabin who married Alice Smith 1768 in Cleydon. Oxon
either side
John Arnold of Wardington
William Goodwin of Boddington, Northants
all around the mid 1750s on wards or back
trying to find a connection to James Markie/ey/ee/e or Mackie
Alice loaned £50 to James Markie of Boddington in 1768 for house which was sold back in 1769 to the above people.
It seems strange a Spinster would loan a large sum of money to a stranger ! so i am trying to find a connection, between any of them and the Markie family of Northants.
This is the only avenue left open to me to try and trace James`s birth
Regards Ian Markie
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford

Offline TwasBrillig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for anyone researching the following surnames Arnold, Sabin, Goodwin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 December 16 15:31 GMT (UK) »
I have an  "F. Sabin" as a witness to a marriage in wardington as follows:-
Marriage - 18 October 1810 • Wardington, Oxfordshire, England
The witnesses to the marriage of Mary Checkley (1792–1812) wed William Peckover (1771-1858) were Thomas Wyatt and F. Sabin.

hope this helps...?
burchnall peckover bonham families around Oxon & Northants villages near Banbury