Author Topic: Scullion  (Read 8533 times)

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scullion
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 January 09 08:33 GMT (UK) »
That sounds about right as Rachel was born about 1890, she was 11 in the 1901 census with her Grandmother Sarah.  Rachel was married under the name Gillespie in Scotland, and her mother was "Gillespie now Scullion." Maybe Samuel had been married before.
If your tree has this Samuel Scullion then I will post the photo.  I assumed that Hugh was his son as he was called Hugh Scullion.  Also called "Old Hughie" as it appears he may not have married.  Old photos found in home in Glasgow by distant Canadian rels have revealed photos, but most are unknown.
We were thrilled to find Helen/Ellen and have her DC. and the fact they moved to Scotland as it is much easier to find people.
Will look out the photo just in case,

Thanks Annie

Offline Anste

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 03 January 09 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Aghadowey, I got so excited there I thought that it was Clare answering me and we had a matching relative.  I got carried away.
Thank you for the marriage year and place of Samuel & Ellen, that could help.  Annie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 January 09 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Moderator's Note: Have moved this thread to Completed lookup requests as 1911 census is now available online.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jenniferscullion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 April 16 20:58 BST (UK) »
Annie- Samuel Patton Scullion married 1893 Co. Derry to Ellen Gillespie- could this be the marriage of your Helen Gillespie? (Helen is used in Scotland but Ellen is the more common form of the name in Ireland)

hi everyone, I'm wondering if you have any other information on this Samuel Patton Scullion? he is my great-great grandfather (Down the Samuel Scullion line (hugh's little brother perhaps)). I can't find anything on him before his marriage to Ellen

Thank you for any help you can give me!!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 11:59 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mattfrombann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 March 18 21:54 GMT (UK) »
There were Scullions in Ahoghill. They appear twice in my family tree,

Townland of Lismurnahagn

Robert Bankhead (bc 1805, d 1874) married Jane Kerr
Their daughter Jane (bc 1840) married a James Scullion in 1st Ahoghill , 23 April 1859.

My great grandfather John Bankhead married Mary Weir
From family tradition, they had a daughter Belinda, aka Betty Cuddy, probably born about 1865, who married a Sam Scullion but retained her maiden name. Almost certainly the Belinda who entered USA via Ellis Island 23/10/1893 from "the California". Her marital status not given.