Author Topic: JOYCE, Benjamin  (Read 12247 times)

Offline Teenviv

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOYCE, Benjamin
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 July 12 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne Trotter was my g g grandmother, her son Thomas Trotter Joyce was my g grandfather, his daughter Edith Joyce who married Edward Hall was my grandmother and their son was Norman Hall who was my Father could you please send me more information on the ancestory of Anne Trotter that leads back to French Royalty.  Thanks Christine Fitzpatrick nee Hall

Offline NJoyce

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 July 13 08:14 BST (UK) »
Well according to my grandfather's family tree, the Benjamin that is married to Sophia is the son of Benjamin and Elizabeth Joyce [nee Dowdale] and that Benjamin is the son of Benjamin and Mary Joyce [nee Book].
I think it would be a lot less confusing if they weren't all named Benjamin!
Here are the dates I have:
Benjamin Joyce (?)                            m. Mary Book (?)
Benjamin Joyce (July 27 1765 -1803)  m. Elizabeth Dowdale (?- January 24 1821)
Benjamin Joyce (April 10 1788- 1868) m. Sophia Lacey (1802-1866)

Offline Judeboots

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 14 September 18 12:36 BST (UK) »
I am great great granddaughter of Benjamin Joyce married to Ann Trotter.  His father was also Benjamin Joyce born (1785-5.2.1852) married 30.10.1815 to Sophia Lacey (1793-1866). Their children were Frank George (25.10.1819-1877), Benjamin (28.7.1821-19.9.1890), Sophia (1826-?) & Samual (3.2.1836-?). His grandfather - another Benjamin Joyce was married to Elizabeth Dowdale.  Sorry - no further info.  My grandfather was the youngest child of Benjamin & Ann & I have quite a bit of info on this family if you need it.  Cheers cous  :D 

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 14 September 18 15:10 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Hudeboots.
Hopefully someone related to you will reply but as they havent been on here for several years it may not happen.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)