Author Topic: 1811,1821,1841 Census Old Buckenham and/or Attleborough "Plumpton"  (Read 8473 times)

Offline Pearleen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1811,1821,1841 Census Old Buckenham and/or Attleborough "Plumpton"
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 04 November 06 09:41 GMT (UK) »
 Hello Everyone

I am a new member on this board.  I have noticed that you have been talking about my husband's ancestors and I wish to add a new source for you all who are researching this particular line.

After Norris/Hoarce Plumpton and Charlotte Cook had their first children: Mary, William, Joseph, James and Elizabeth Ann; they set sail for Canada some where between the years of 1833 and 1835.  The family settled in Brighton Township, Ontario, Canada.  There Norris/Hoarce & Charlotte had three more children" George (my husband's great great grandfather), John and Charlotte.

I do have a brick wall further back in this lineage with William Plumpton (born abt 1745) and his wife Mary Howlett (born abt 1745).  I do have Mary's father's name as Robert and mother's name as Mary (her surname is unknown).

If you have any informaton regarding this lineage or have questions of my Canadian ties, please email me.

Pearleen Elves-Plumpton
sorry already looked cannot find horace or norris ,charlotte and family on the 1841
regards
alli
*England* Elwes/Elves, Plumpton, Virgin, Moore, Domeney, Beck, Platts, Stapleton, Bowden, Bates, Edwards, Mash, Farra, Hills *Ireland* Shannon, Shepherd, Plewman, McIlwain, Ross, Fergusson, Currough, Wilson, Tedford *Scotland* Nesbit *Canada* Elwes/Elves, Plumpton, Shannon, Hill, Ireland, Shepherd, McIllwaine (and variants), Terry, Griffin, McHugh, Tomlinson, Tedford, Bates, Lake, Grafton, Woodhouse or Willis, Parker, Nesbit, Trout/Troat *U.S.A.* Terry, Burr, Davis, Neil, Shannon, Emerson

Offline Plumpton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 27 July 09 17:55 BST (UK) »
Mich
If you are still working on the Plumptons I have all information from Horace to present. We are stumbling around the Williamb1745. I earlier had the Plumptons going to the Nathaniel Plumpton chain which was in Attleborough. I would like to confirm through Parish records as I wonder if Willian b1769 was married to someone prior to Mary Sturgeon in Attleborough and not Old Buckenham

Offline Blue-Spirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 28 July 09 10:59 BST (UK) »
I made a search through the 1552-1840 cd of Attleborough and can only find a WILLIAM PLUMPTON to MARY ROOKWOOD January 1806,
whitness's Robert Plumpton and Eliza Burroughs..
There are other Plumpton's mentioned but suspect you have all the info..

regards

Mich
If you are still working on the Plumptons I have all information from Horace to present. We are stumbling around the Williamb1745. I earlier had the Plumptons going to the Nathaniel Plumpton chain which was in Attleborough. I would like to confirm through Parish records as I wonder if Willian b1769 was married to someone prior to Mary Sturgeon in Attleborough and not Old Buckenham
Researching My Family in Norfolk.
Barker-Barnard-Brooks-Bush.
Eagling-Fincham-Goddard-Gooch.
Hammond-Johnson-Long.
Musk-Mickleborough/Mickleburgh.
Oakley- Parker-Potter-Smith-Wright...

Offline Plumpton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 July 09 15:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mich
I had William marry Mary Rookwodd in my earlier hunt and sent off track and related to a line of Nathaniels back to 1602 but discovered it wasn'y correct. Thanks for your response. I see that Attleborough is only 3 miles from Old Buckenham and there are Williams married to Marys in both areas and both have daughters named Harriet. Maybe we should look at Carleto Rode a couple of miles the other way.

I would also like to find out the date that Horace came to Canada, I know it is between 1835 and 1839, landing in Hallowell Township now Picton and moving to Brighton Township (Codrington) in the earlier 1840's.

Horace drowned in the Trent River and they found his cane and hat on shore. This was just a couple of years after he married a 41 year old and he was 76

Offline Blue-Spirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 28 July 09 20:12 BST (UK) »
You might also try Besthorpe or  New Buckenham.
I placed a search for my relatives who moved to Canada much later than yours however i had a great response and was able to find much details.
Perhaps you could find some details by following the same links which was placed for me here.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,388797.15.html

or place your own request on the Canada board..

regards...

Thanks Mich
I had William marry Mary Rookwodd in my earlier hunt and sent off track and related to a line of Nathaniels back to 1602 but discovered it wasn'y correct. Thanks for your response. I see that Attleborough is only 3 miles from Old Buckenham and there are Williams married to Marys in both areas and both have daughters named Harriet. Maybe we should look at Carleto Rode a couple of miles the other way.

I would also like to find out the date that Horace came to Canada, I know it is between 1835 and 1839, landing in Hallowell Township now Picton and moving to Brighton Township (Codrington) in the earlier 1840's.

Horace drowned in the Trent River and they found his cane and hat on shore. This was just a couple of years after he married a 41 year old and he was 76
Researching My Family in Norfolk.
Barker-Barnard-Brooks-Bush.
Eagling-Fincham-Goddard-Gooch.
Hammond-Johnson-Long.
Musk-Mickleborough/Mickleburgh.
Oakley- Parker-Potter-Smith-Wright...

Offline Chris Sell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 January 15 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi  -  also researching Plumptons, from the same area, would have moved from Old Buckenham/Tibbenham to Carlton Rode rectory as Paupers.  1861 census

Eliza Plumpton 1824 37
William Plumpton 1846 15
Sophia Plumpton 1851 10
Georganna Plumpton 1852 9  (she was my Great Grandmother, married John Howlett, she is buried in Bunwell church yard)
George Plumpton 1917 Eliza's husband died before 1861 census.
Amy Kemp (Eliza's Mother also lived in the household she was blind)

Ay information on this family?