Author Topic: Help with Griffiths family  (Read 1290 times)

Offline gpaul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help with Griffiths family
« on: Friday 24 February 06 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi,I'm looking for a Daniel Griffiths born Trelech,wife's name Ann Thomas born Tregynon or (tregynin) don't know if the spelling is right,i don't know their d.o.b.they had a son David he was born 1857, on the 1861 census he was registred at Llether Pembs,and christened on the 26th July of that year at Tenby Pembs.My Greatgrandfather David Griffiths had a haulier contractor business at ammanford,he married Elizabeth Miles on the 17th Oct 1891.Hope someone can help,gpaul

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Griffiths family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 February 06 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi gpaul,

Welcome to rootschat  8)

Do you actually have the 1861 census details? I can see a matching boy but he is down as born in Tenby, just as his father and his siblings.
Mother Ann born St Issels.

If they are not the ones, would you mind posting the census details you have?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Tanja  :)

...However, tracing this David forwards, I can see he's a school master in 1891. Probably not your man. Do you have David in 1901? what birth place does he give?
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gpaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 February 06 14:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tanja,I don't actually have the 1861 census details?but i had the info off my father's cousin who lives in London,i will send him an email later to find out if he has got it.I do have a David in my family tree born in 1908,at 97 wind st Ammanford,I'll find out more about him if you want,the rest of my family as I know come from Trelech,Paul

Offline Lyndar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 February 06 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi gpaul,
My ancestors are Griffiths,and my great grandfather Stephen was living at Llether on the 1881,1891 and 1901 censuses.I believe this was the name given to a row of cottages opposite the Parc y Lan inn at Llanddewi Velfrey,near Narberth.They are no longer there.The area was called Commercial,and came into being when the A40 toll road was built.
I looked on the 1861,but could not find a David which fitted yours.
Lyndar

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 March 06 17:22 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)